New To The Site- Advice Please

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Scouse_Castaway, Apr 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im currently Partway through an application to join the Army but recxently been having second thoughts. As a kid I used to always want to join the Navy and recently been considering changing my application to Navy as it seems to offer me much more in terms of career prospects and qualifications for after I leave.

Can anyone tell me how I go about changing my application? and how difficult it is to get selected for the navy?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions but tyhanks for reading.

2. Cancel the army one and start the navy one. Job done.
  3. The best way of going about changing is by going to your AFCO and talking to them.

As for difficulty it is as difficulty as you make it
  4. Thanks Tommo. Really appreciate it. Just wouldnt be right to waste my life in a career where il end up wishing Id done somethinbg else. Thanks again
  5. Cancel the army one research all three services and all the different jobs. Then narrow it down to the jobs that most appeal to you, find out about requirements and make sure you meet them. Then apply for the job of your dreams and the rest of your working life will be more enjoyable doing a job your interested in.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Tell your Army recruiter he smells and could you please go and talk to the nice fragrant bloke dressed in dark blue.
  7. You have failed in life.
  8. This^ :lol:

The tri-service AFCOs can be a hilarious experience when the recruiters are literally fighting over a naive civvy (such as me) fresh off the street; I went into to chat to the RN recruiter but was swiftly pounced on by both RAF and BA recruiters telling me that I should join them as a pilot, soldier, commando trained air steward. 8O
  9. I thought someone would see the link between BA and air steward :) What is the correct acronym for British Army :?:
  10. wet_blobby

11. There isn't one. The British Army should be referred to without abbreviation, because we are ace.

Members of the RN wouldn't understand. :p
  12. wet_blobby

*snigger* :p
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, just nip into the AFCO and call the nice Sergeant "Ace", he'll fully appreciate the 'Red Dwarf' reference, see the funny side (when you tell him you wish to join the Senior Service) and point you in the right direction with his Boots, DMS, Marching, for the use of. :wink:
  14. I got a 'Fair enough buddy, best of luck with the Navy' and a sly coment about Kevlar underwear lol