New to the navy!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by T5igger, Mar 7, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. So, welcome. Some top tips: delete this account, and don't use your real name in association with forums like this. It'll keep you safer both in real life, and when you do join up. Trust me, it's better in the long run.

As to your specific points:

1. Not sure, wherever MA training is done. You'll pay some money for food/accom, but you'll be able to afford it.
    2. Like much of society. I'd love to say you won't be exposed to double standards or sexism, but I'd be wrong. Don't let the ********* get you down, or stop you from achieving what you want to achieve.
    3. Yes. Weirdo.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I believe MA training is done at Litchfield for the most part, with around 10/12 weeks training with an ambulance service. Good luck with the 3 year waiting list :eek:
  4. :)
  5. Hi righty so here is what you want to know

Your training is 20 weeks at Aldershot which you will then gain your Geneva Red Cross then a futher 19 weeks training which will be at a sick bay (somewhere) and also you will get experience in a hospital futher information is found here

Secondly, if you a girl who can take the banter and give the banter back you will be fine, but if you take offence to everything that is said to you then a career in the military isnt probably for you. However saying that it is a good career and you will meet some cracking people and make friends for life. Sexism is taken very seriously in the Navy and wont be tolerated however the Royal Navy was rated in the top 5 employers in the UK for equality and diversity.

You will pay different rates for accommodation depending where and what type of accommodation it is. It is really cheap by comparison with the highest grade costing about £70 a month for an en suite room (or cabin if you are nautical) However Initially at HMS Raleigh you wont get such luxury!

If you do choose the career path of the Navy and "pass out" of HMS Raleigh then enjoy it, it will be over before you know it. I am 15 years into my career and it has flown!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Training is at Lichfield where you'll train alongside other RN MA's but also Army CMT's & RAF Medics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk