New to the forum

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by firstascent, Aug 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    Thought I'd register. I've got all the info I've needed from previous posts, so haven't got an original question of my own just yet but will be sure to bother all those of you in the know at some point I'm sure.
    I'm 33 and have applied to be a Log CH (SM) and have passed the RT test, eye test and medical and have got my PJFT on Monday. Got to do it in 13m 18secs but have beaten 11mins regularly in training so hoping for a decent time.
    Thanks to all those who put this site together it is a great source of info and humour. Catch you all later.

2. Hi firstascent!

Welcome to Rum Ration!

3. Welcome, and good luck with your application.

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Hello mate, best of luck.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome to the site firstascent

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site.

It's a pleasant change to see a person made welcome rather than flamed on their first post.

Best of luck on the PJFT & as always, call out if there's an unresolved query.

7. That's because he hasn't mllarred his way in.

Anyway, he'll never make it as a chef, far too polite.

8. Agreed.
    A very good first post.
    It makes a nice change for a newb to have actually gone through most of the Recruitment process prior to joining here and asking the same old questions that could be, with a little effort, answered by the newb themselves.

So indeed, welcome Firstascent.

9. Agreed with posts above.

Welcome to the site and all the best for the future

10. Welcome to RR :)

good luck with everything!

11. Its quite nice to be called polite. I'm sure the waiting staff in the restaurant where I work would disagree!

12. Hmm I thought being able to cook disqualified you from being a chef in the RN? (Tongue firmly in cheek)

13. LOL

14. Oh and a belated welcome :)

15. To be fair he never mentioned he was any good and cooking either so he may still qualify

16. A belated welcome.
    You've picked the branch with the toughest entrance exam in the RN.(No one's passed it yet :D )
    Good luck

17. Totally, getting the mash right is much more important than setting up Tridents! :lol:

18. Yeah.You have to get the right ratio of polycell to water :D

19. Just passed PJFT with a 10.07. Got selection interview on 7th September.

20. excellent well done firstascent thats an impressive time,
    your not on your own, im 31 going in as NA(AH) so good luck with everything.