new to forum sort of new to navy life :D

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chipaz, May 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ello all im new to the forum and just wanna say hello :D i have recently passed my test and interview and have my medical tuesday 12th of may so hopefully that goes ok :D so just a quick introduction of myself...
    names dan but my nickname is chipaz, im 17 (although my birthday is 26th may so 18 soon aswell :D ) and from leicester. hope to speak to alot of you soon.

2. sorry i also forgot to mention im going is as a stoker :D (marine engineer)

3. Hi and welcome x

4. ta m8 :D

5. hi chipaz ; welcome, you will find text writing dosen't go down to well on this site so try to keep it plain english.

6. Hey! I'm from Leicester and I'm doing Marine Engineering too! I have my medical tomorrow... x

7. Stokers are the heart of the navy and don't let anybody different. The rest are just bitter and twisted because stokers are the the best. I might be baised !!!!!! :p :p :p

8. Chip old chap....you don't play rugby do you....The navy desperately needs rugby players for next year :roll:

9. You don't play football do you? Leicester needs a decent football team. :D

10. rugby players for next year :roll:[/quote]
    Hi scrumpy i should be joining raleigh in september and i play rugby and was wondering how would i go about trying for the team?

11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Hi scrumpy i should be joining raleigh in september and i play rugby and was wondering how would i go about trying for the team?[/quote]

Attend training sessions for your establishment, if your coach thinks you are good enough he will recommend you try out for your area command side. If you are successful there then if that coach thinks you are good enough or if you get spotted by a navy coach you will be called into the squad. How good are you though? For the full navy squad we are talking about a high playing standard.

12. The recent results at Twickenham tell a different story :lol:

13. am not that bad ive played for a few district teams and start for a club.
    what is the average age in the navy first team?

14. tiddlyoggy

Very predictable response! Dare you to say that to any of the players. :wink: Our side isn't bad (we regularly trounce the crabs) it's just that the army's is better. But having a player base four times the size of ours and half of the young male population of Fiji to choose from is bound to give them something of an advantage.

15. tiddlyoggy

Not sure, I'd guess late twenties. I could find out if you're really that bothered, I'm going on the lash with one of the coaches next week.

16. not that botherd a jst thought that since im 17 i wouldnt have a chance

17. Well you set it up for me

What's all that about?

18. Ha yes, it wasn't Army/Navy really, it was Navy vs Fiji

19. Not forgetting the Worcester first-teamer alongside the three Fijian internationals.

20. i do play a bit of football yes :D