New Speaker to be elected

huwshpis

War Hero
A good few years ago, she was a solicitor acting in some litigation and she disclosed documents that the court held she should not have done. She was punished for contempt of court, but got the ECHR to say that our law was in breach of the Convention as limiting her freedom of expression.

Sumo

War Hero
A good few years ago, she was a solicitor acting in some litigation and she disclosed documents that the court held she should not have done. She was punished for contempt of court, but got the ECHR to say that our law was in breach of the Convention as limiting her freedom of expression.
Not the squeaky clean one would hope in the speaker?

BillyNoMates

War Hero
"Order! order! - your order has been placed!"

97774-L-HI.jpg

"Your order for 1.....Brexit will be delivered on January thirty one and will be left in the bins behind 10....Downing.....Street"

Last edited:

Wightsparker

War Hero
Oh yes. Very much so.

Although I thought she (I have presumed her gender based on past history) should now be known as Harperson.
I recall an anecdote about her attending some diplomatic bash in London. Amidst the cocktails and canapes, she was asked her opinion about the Kashmir problem.
"I always recommend dry cleaning," she is alleged to have said.........

fishhead

War Hero
I recall an anecdote about her attending some diplomatic bash in London. Amidst the cocktails and canapes, she was asked her opinion about the Kashmir problem.
"I always recommend dry cleaning," she is alleged to have said.........
Rubbish! Dhobey dust and warm water every time. Huh! Politicians eh? What do they know about the real world?:)