New Ships

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
I say that as they say these ships will be 'parked' somewhere - so one will be sailing around the gulf the other the med - we don't have enough matelots to crew rotate so bound to be RFA

Grenadier

Midshipman
I say that as they say these ships will be 'parked' somewhere - so one will be sailing around the gulf the other the med - we don't have enough matelots to crew rotate so bound to be RFA
In the article it says one will be based East of Suez in the Pacific , which sounds good to me , you'll have to make allowances for me , im just an innocent perce

CornwallMatt

Midshipman
I don't think much information regarding which flag they will sail under has been broadcast. The RFA also have a manpower issue like the Navy do, so I do wonder if this could be a hybrid crew - although that will inevitably leave 1 side at a loss. Due to the likely price of them and the fact that it has been inferred that these will be bought and converted, RFA could be more likely as we have more experience with converted merchant shipping (although the Navy had OCEAN).

TL;DR: no one knows so we'll just wait and find out!!

Grenadier

Midshipman
I don't think much information regarding which flag they will sail under has been broadcast. The RFA also have a manpower issue like the Navy do, so I do wonder if this could be a hybrid crew - although that will inevitably leave 1 side at a loss. Due to the likely price of them and the fact that it has been inferred that these will be bought and converted, RFA could be more likely as we have more experience with converted merchant shipping (although the Navy had OCEAN).

TL;DR: no one knows so we'll just wait and find out!!
im just waiting for my interview later this month , didnt realise the RFA had a manpower problem , lets hope i can go some way to helping with it !

CornwallMatt

Midshipman
Its certain niche areas, much better than it has been and comes in peaks and troughs - anyone joining is helping in some way or other! You will be a welcome addition if you make it through!