New Rum Ration Android App Released - 100% Free

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to let you know that we've just released a new version of the Rum Ration App onto the Google Play store. You can find it here:

It's 100% free and is based on the popular Tapatalk app so you get oodles of functionality including:

• Read, Post and Subscribe to forum threads
    • Create a new thread
    • Read and Reply to Private Messages
    • Search
    • LIKE!

If you use and like it then please rate and review it on the Play store.

For those of you on Apple devices, we've also got a new version in the pipeline which should be available next week. The delay is caused by the difficult in getting it into the istore.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Dunded! Will post a review when I get a chance to use it on my mobile communication device... :cool:

3. Using the new App now. Looks good

Sent from my ST18i

4. Is this an app for use on Kindle Fire ?

5. Do you use the normal Google play app market on a kindle or are you tied to Amazon? If the latter then no as it's a standard Android app.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

6. Just had a quick read about this. By default you can't access the Google play store, but most android apps there will work on a fire, which is at heart an android tablet. You should Google how to access Google play.

7. OMM

OMM War Hero

I use the iPhone app, quite a lot of crashing and some links/ pictures are not recognised.

8. See BCO's comments in the first post - new version of the iOS app is waiting for Apple approval, which will take about another week. Publishing an iOS app is a slow and painful process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

9. Didn't know it worked on a ACME Thunderer!!!! :smilebox:

But ... my Google Nexus 7 went off and updated the app to the new version all by itself! Looks good!

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sitrep: All good for this c/s on my mobile telecommunication device... :cool:

Sent from my ST18i using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

11. An update for Kindle Fire users - I found that I can submit normal Android apps to the Amazon app store. I have just done this and the NN app is 'under review'. I've no idea how long the review process takes, nor if our app will be approved for use on a Fire. Watch this space!

12. Just installed the app! So far so good!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

13. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Looking good. Easier to use than before

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

14. Glad to hear that everyone is looking it, pose don't forget to review it on the play store pse!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

15. I am having trouble viewing mine and others' profiles. Just comes up with a white screen. Any one else have this issue?

16. New Android app?

17. Ignore my last - known problem which will be fixed in the next update. Please just bear with it for now.

• Like Like x 1