New rules for fitness test

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Good news for all you new entries … their lordships have announced that effective this month all will be allowed to to walk in the fitness test and although the distance is longer at 3 miles, everyone is given ½ hour to complete it.

It seems a lot of the new recruits are only capable of mincing

The swimming test is the same except you are allowed to wear arm bands.

moondog

War Hero
UncleAlbert said:
Good news for all you new entries … their lordships have announced that effective this month all will be allowed to to walk in the fitness test and although the distance is longer at 3 miles, everyone is given ½ hour to complete it.

He could pass that test( With Zimmer)!! As for swimming,Same class as Johnny Wiesmuller!! He would put us all to shame!

dondon

MIA
UncleAlbert said:

PMSL :lol: :wink:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Also, Commandant General Royal Marines has announced that breakfast in bed will be served during the first week of training for Royal Marine recruits, those not wishing to be mollycoddled by Training Team can take their mums along to do washing, ironing and bed making as well.

UncleAlbert said:

dondon

MIA
NZ_Bootneck said:
Also, Commandant General Royal Marines has announced that breakfast in bed will be served during the first week of training for Royal Marine recruits, those not wishing to be mollycoddled by Training Team can take their mums along to do washing, ironing and bed making as well.

Just gets better & better , think I'll join up again

dunkers

War Hero
I once heard of a TA recruit who, during recruit training, asked his sergeant if he could go back to bed for a few hours because he was feeling a bit tired :? only that isn't a joke!

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
S'right TD i actually believed the BBQ one at first glance (it was early). I wouldn't put it pass them.

Sophie

Midshipman
dunkers said:
I once heard of a TA recruit who, during recruit training, asked his sergeant if he could go back to bed for a few hours because he was feeling a bit tired :? only that isn't a joke!
Either that's happened more than once, or I was stood next to him when he asked it! I think it was 60 press ups and 2 laps of the drill square as a fine =D

Jarhead

War Hero
Sophie said:
dunkers said:
Either that's happened more than once, or I was stood next to him when he asked it! I think it was 60 press ups and 2 laps of the drill square as a fine =D
Our Drill Instructors (and later Sergeants) seemed to think a nice warmup and a good long run in a short time was a good way to wake up.

POSMCEW

Midshipman
Do you get to do the walk in carpet slippers? Also are they introducing a golf cart option for the more portly new entrants ?

stimps

Lantern Swinger
dunkers said:
Oh it is a joke!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Former waste bosses admit neglect by flouting permit rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Procedure Rules relating to Contempt of Court: webinar, 8 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on new social distancing rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules on gatherings in some parts of Northern England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CBILS: EU State Aid Rules and “undertakings in difficulty” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: fee rules change for mental health remote hearings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New planning rules to protect our cultural heritage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1.4m given to environmental projects by companies that broke rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules on face coverings coming in on Monday will help keep passengers safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Groups of up to six from different households can exercise outside under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check the tax rules on waiving your income or donating to charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lifetime ISA rules changed to help people whose incomes are affected by Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rules on carrying over annual leave to be relaxed to support key industries during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Off-payroll working rules reforms postponed until 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain is back: Liz Truss calls for new rules at WTO to tackle unfair trade practices MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help businesses with off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Enhanced rules for performance table Technical Awards confirmed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rules confirmed to improve awarding organisation centre controls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Naming employers who fail to pay minimum wage to be resumed under revamped rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces change to the off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules make it fairer for disabled candidates in PCC elections MoD News 0
soleil D. Telegraph: "Royal Navy Adjusts Rules To Allow Rastafarians To Keep Long Hair And Beards" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS Circular 010/2019: Firearms Regulations 2019 and the Firearms (Amendment) (No.2) Rules 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New animal and plant health safety rules coming into force in December MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Insolvency (Scotland) rules 2018: summary of queries. MoD News 0
M What are the rules on dating in the royal navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Consultation on rules for Department for Education performance table qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tough new rules on prompt payment come into force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Bargains now bound by rules on treating suppliers fairly MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities to see how housing developers cash benefits them thanks to new planning rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check rules on towing before summer holidays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Qualifications regulators consult on changes to rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Here we go! Football fans urged to remember basic rules of road MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of members to the Insolvency Rules Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: changes to crime contract because of new parole rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Competition rules must continue to evolve with emergence of digital platforms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Competition rules must continue to evolve with emergence of digital platforms MoD News 0
vauxhall 'Scrap These Ludicrous Tax [email protected] - Telegraph Article Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Investigation into Bournville College shows breach of college’s financial rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK calls for progress in reforming global trade rules at G20 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Chancellor pushes for international action on tax rules for the digital era MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Communities to benefit from new housing infrastructure rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Offender rehabilitation drive boosted by new ROTL rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister warns construction industry they must be ready for new rules on paying suppliers on time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: European Commission consultation on short-term export credit rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Insolvency (Scotland) Rules: Table of destinations now available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: EU and UN partnership vital for rules-based international system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New rules to better protect renters' money MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Changes to the Immigration Rules MoD News 0