New rules for fitness test

#1
Good news for all you new entries … their lordships have announced that effective this month all will be allowed to to walk in the fitness test and although the distance is longer at 3 miles, everyone is given ½ hour to complete it.

It seems a lot of the new recruits are only capable of mincing

The swimming test is the same except you are allowed to wear arm bands.


___________
posted 00.45 BST ..1/4/07
 
#3
UncleAlbert said:
Good news for all you new entries … their lordships have announced that effective this month all will be allowed to to walk in the fitness test and although the distance is longer at 3 miles, everyone is given ½ hour to complete it.

It seems a lot of the new recruits are only capable of mincing

The swimming test is the same except you are allowed to wear arm bands.


___________
posted 00.45 BST ..1/4/07
Is this a wind up? My grandad is 87.


He could pass that test( With Zimmer)!! As for swimming,Same class as Johnny Wiesmuller!! He would put us all to shame!
 
#4
UncleAlbert said:
Good news for all you new entries … their lordships have announced that effective this month all will be allowed to to walk in the fitness test and although the distance is longer at 3 miles, everyone is given ½ hour to complete it.

It seems a lot of the new recruits are only capable of mincing

The swimming test is the same except you are allowed to wear arm bands.


___________
posted 00.45 BST ..1/4/07

PMSL :lol: :wink:
 
#5
Also, Commandant General Royal Marines has announced that breakfast in bed will be served during the first week of training for Royal Marine recruits, those not wishing to be mollycoddled by Training Team can take their mums along to do washing, ironing and bed making as well.
 
#7
UncleAlbert said:
Good news for all you new entries … their lordships have announced that effective this month all will be allowed to to walk in the fitness test and although the distance is longer at 3 miles, everyone is given ½ hour to complete it.

It seems a lot of the new recruits are only capable of mincing

The swimming test is the same except you are allowed to wear arm bands.


___________
posted 00.45 BST ..1/4/07
Is it effective as from today UA? :wink:
 
#8
NZ_Bootneck said:
Also, Commandant General Royal Marines has announced that breakfast in bed will be served during the first week of training for Royal Marine recruits, those not wishing to be mollycoddled by Training Team can take their mums along to do washing, ironing and bed making as well.


Just gets better & better , think I'll join up again
 
#9
I once heard of a TA recruit who, during recruit training, asked his sergeant if he could go back to bed for a few hours because he was feeling a bit tired :? only that isn't a joke!
 

Sophie

Midshipman
#14
dunkers said:
I once heard of a TA recruit who, during recruit training, asked his sergeant if he could go back to bed for a few hours because he was feeling a bit tired :? only that isn't a joke!
Either that's happened more than once, or I was stood next to him when he asked it! I think it was 60 press ups and 2 laps of the drill square as a fine =D
 
#15
Sophie said:
dunkers said:
I once heard of a TA recruit who, during recruit training, asked his sergeant if he could go back to bed for a few hours because he was feeling a bit tired :? only that isn't a joke!
Either that's happened more than once, or I was stood next to him when he asked it! I think it was 60 press ups and 2 laps of the drill square as a fine =D
Our Drill Instructors (and later Sergeants) seemed to think a nice warmup and a good long run in a short time was a good way to wake up.
 

stimps

Lantern Swinger
#17
dunkers said:
I once heard of a TA recruit who, during recruit training, asked his sergeant if he could go back to bed for a few hours because he was feeling a bit tired :? only that isn't a joke!
Oh it is a joke!
 

Latest Threads

Top