New RR "The Navy Network

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by cornishgolfer, Jan 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I bugger off and work for a coupla days, try to get to RR from my Fav. and bugger all happens, so I go to the main "Navy network page, click on RR and get this all new singing n dancing RR............wtf happened.

2. We were modernised...Its good when you get used to it.

3. Its great, I'm sat here at work now and it works much better than before

4. Have a bit of a play around, you'll soon be back on track and or up to speed. :D
    Personally I like the Last Post of a thread 1 clicky icon and the Last 50 Posts option saves wading through the various forums for the previous days (When I'm asleep!!) topics.
    Cheers the COs. :)

5. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Does it have the DII function that ARRSE has???

6. Yes

7. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

All we need now is Navystar restored to the FLeet and we are on to a winner. Has anyone else enjoyed the last week with no email? I have.

8. Err; not on my whizz machine! Arrse runs no problems but RR, Fox Alfa. Instant error report.

9. Got used to it now no probs getting on

10. OK - any chance of sharing that error report with me so I can do something about it?

11. Good_CO. Here's a funny thing; I've just come in to screen print the error message. I can't, though, because it's just let me in!

Please disregard all previous.

Edited for mong HTML coding; mine!

12. great news - thanks for letting me know!

13. Has anybody else noticed how RR is becoming taken over by people asking lots of mostly pathetic questions about joining up. Just look how many times "Newbies" features in the recent posts section. I think that "Newbies" should be directed to somewhere else and RR confined to the reason it was originally set up - ie a place where views, ideas and dits about the RN can be exchanged.

14. I think you need to have a look at the site aims again. I certainly don't remember anything similar to what you've claimed and, as with ARRSE, we've always aimed to be in- rather than exclusive.

If you particularly want an area of the site for your own and for which you can apply your own rules, then just let us know. Private forums are easy to create. You would just need to act as a gatekeeper and add those who fit he bill to an access list.

15. What on earth is the problem? Simple answer - don't read the Newbies threads! As long as their 'pathetic questions' (that statement says more about you then them, tbh) are kept where they should be then there's no issue at all.

RR serves a valuable purpose in giving people who are thinking of joining a chance to communicate with those who are already in and without having to toe the party line, so to speak. I got plenty of excellent advice about AIB on here, for example.

Of course its not a recruiting office here but its a great adjunct to it.

</rant>

16. New Year, new ideas about joining up.
    This happens in fits and starts. Don't worry, it should calm down a bit (by june-ish ;) )

Grown up talk still takes place, just try to filter past the "Can I wear my nosering at Raleigh" threads :)

17. From what I saw on the Torpoint ferry yesterday the Navy should less concerned with nose rings etc and more worried about berets!

18. Don't start on Matelots and Berets!
    :D

19. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Gunnery Officer mode on - its not hard, water-soak-shape. Seriously why do Matelots look like some Frank Spencer reject.

Arrrrrrhhhhh.

20. Well, all Royals seem to have acquired the much-sought 'jelly-tot' shape, why not the rest of the RN? :D