New Royal Marine Unit stands up in Scotland

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. [h=3]Sorry, this page cannot be found...[/h]Unfortunately the page you have requested cannot be found or does not exist in this site.
    This may be because:

• the web address (URL) was entered incorrectly; please check that the address is correct
    • the page has been moved to another location or has been deleted
    • the page was published on a previous version of Ministry of Defence | home

You may wish to try one of the following options:

• use our site search (at the top of every page), as a newer version of this page may exist
    • use our A-Z index
    • click the button below to check if the requested page is in the UK Government Web Archive

The following content has changed due to reorganisation, please use the links below to navigate to the new content.

If you still cannot find the page please contact the web team.
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They must be a new secret Unit! :)
  4. Delighted to see the "new" unit formed (re-formed) but strewth - first picture from the Navy News - the lead mixed platoon look like a bag of rags.

Someone doesn't know how to size and form up a platoon - it looks like the rocky road to Dublin. To add insult to injury the RN contingent plus following RM contingent are marching on a different foot - wasn't there a band?

Picky I know but hell, what else have I got to do with my time now I'm outside?
  5. See what you mean Broadside. They look like they are bimbling down to the naafi bop.

sent from my mobile device using crappa talk and sausage fingers
  6. Who tailored Lofty Jack's uniform, Millets?
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

There was a very good band right at the front, and some gash marching behind them.
  8. Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  9. That Brazilian lad is essence. Bet he gets alot of bagoffs. Would be well advised about wearing large jackets and transiting the london underground in the summer though.

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Only if he's added hurdles to his list of hobbies.
  11. It would have been nice for Navy News to mention that there is a significant number of RN personnel in this unit, one whole company is primarily sailors. Just my thoughts, I'm sure not everyone will notice that there is only 300 RM Commandos in a 790 strong unit and wonder who the others are.
  12. It would indeed. Of course, beyond the couple of matelots evident in the picture, it would be nice if we knew.

Many moons ago the PRO of a nameless 42 complained his ship never appeared in the paper. "Do you send us anything or let us know what's happening?" I asked.
    "That's why..."
  13. Making the RN company 490? Big company that (how many PLATOONS would that be?) and what is the role of the RN dominant company?
  14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't try and change the subject. I was spectating and the marching was gash.

Bloody horizontal snow flakes.

Edit, I don't want them receiving a kicking, but I did see a couple of sceptics sniggering as well.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bad move.

Commachio company has always been Cdo unit strenght but the name "company" implied only 100 odd blokes, the bean counters will love this when they need a man power cut and see the Corps got 4 Cdo units (and 30 Cdo)

16. IIRC the Corps was trying for years to regenerate another "Commando" by renaming Commachio group, all attempts got knocked back due to it not sending out the correct message with the rest of the MOD cutting back everywhere. This could be a good move in the fact that the Corps looks to the outside world as expanding, not a bad message to send out that in these times of massive forces cutbacks something of great value for money can expand even if its not really expanding (or marching very well! witsend)
  17. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I remain to be convinced, best of luck to 43 and I hope it all goes well but I'm a sceptic.

**** they need a DL though. How can I continually rip the shit out of Jack for being a drill biff with that kind of turn out?
  18. Nothings changed but the units name.

19. It was explained to me (by an RN Cdo Medic whos maybe heading there soon) that its a power play by the RM to keep 3Cdo brigade from being disbanded and keep it part of the RN.

Cant send it to the army, it does all the navies Ship stuff! And cant disband it they guard the detearrant...

*EDIT* and Woooo when i deploy i can tell all the girls "yeah im part of 43 commando! im well hard aint i!"

P squadron are being rolled into 43 aswell arnt they?