New RN Recruitment Advert

2cool

Lantern Swinger
I like the video... but why are they spending money advertising when waiting list are long anyway? . . . maybe were preparing for a war in the Falklands again?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I like the video... but why are they spending money advertising when waiting list are long anyway? . . . maybe were preparing for a war in the Falklands again?
The "lists" are diminishing and adverts seldom result in a sudden rush of immediate applications, we're usually aiming a couple of years ahead, so I'd guess these are loosely aimed at manning the future aircraft carriers.

Considering the RN recruits both genders this seems primarily aimed at 'Macho Man'.

That aside, too much crammed into a few moments, I suppose v.short clips = savings on the advertising budget

I have seen it on the television and it was IMO crap, having watched it again via the linky it is still crap. I wonder how much the PR company fleeced the tax payer for the garbage, a fortune I expect.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There have been a series of adverts with a similarly themed delivery method.

It's heartening to hear that the 'elderly' think it's crap as we aren't aiming to recruit them.

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
A life without limits didn't that used to be a slimming biscuit, not sure about the advert dont float my boat, but then again I'm out so no worries.