New RN Recruitment Advert

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by soleil, Jan 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The new Recruitment ad will be shown on Sky today.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Will be interesting to see that!

Edit: Ooh just watched the vid! Like it!!
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  4. Spec, dabber, CIS?
  5. Ooh makes me want to join back up!
  6. wal

wal Badgeman

Ditto, Froggers.[​IMG]
  7. I like the video... but why are they spending money advertising when waiting list are long anyway? . . . maybe were preparing for a war in the Falklands again?
  8. People leave the mob (for whatever reason) at various points in their career and have to be replaced, recruiting still goes on.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The "lists" are diminishing and adverts seldom result in a sudden rush of immediate applications, we're usually aiming a couple of years ahead, so I'd guess these are loosely aimed at manning the future aircraft carriers.
  10. New? That vid in post 2 has been around for donkeys.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. .
    Considering the RN recruits both genders this seems primarily aimed at 'Macho Man'.

That aside, too much crammed into a few moments, I suppose v.short clips = savings on the advertising budget
  12. I have seen it on the television and it was IMO crap, having watched it again via the linky it is still crap. I wonder how much the PR company fleeced the tax payer for the garbage, a fortune I expect.
  13. Were do I sign
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There have been a series of adverts with a similarly themed delivery method.

It's heartening to hear that the 'elderly' think it's crap as we aren't aiming to recruit them.
    • Like Like x 10
  15. Remind me never to hire your astonishing business mind.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. A life without limits didn't that used to be a slimming biscuit, not sure about the advert dont float my boat, but then again I'm out so no worries.
  17. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Being gay is not a bar to service.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. But you can hire me for my good looks, charm and sarcasm
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fair doos seadog, opened myself up for that right up Twat:pirat:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  20. OMM

OMM War Hero

I think the advert is really good and attractive to young individuals who want to get a career and travel!