New RN recruiting ads...... Made in the Royal Navy.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Stirlin, Dec 29, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "......made in the Royal Navy."

Good tag line.
  2. Hate to say it, but the lad from Carlisle was the best of the 4, the scabby, 'I did not think I was smart enough to be a doctor or a nurse', so she joined the navy as an MA, does not come across as a plus!
  3. really good, are they going to be on TV or just online?
  4. I take it they're all serving on HMS Dragon :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Saw the first one on the box last night.
  6. The lad from Carlisle joined with me back in 2012. Pretty good adverts.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I think they hit the mark, too.
  8. What is a Junior Rating's Medic?
  9. Presuming this is not a bite; a LMA or MA.
  10. I met the team who filmed the adverts: they loved the ship, and were really won over by the 4 sailors they selected.
  11. Not biting, someone should proof these a bit more. I know its an MA or LMA, but its sounds like their job is to look after JRs. Or maybe I'm just being a picky bugger LOL
  12. At least they've got rid of the stoker who can't salute for the last batch. Bloody awful.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. More picky is when did you last walk home in your One's uniform? The advert is a good un don't get me wrong, but all I could think then was "Christ, she's big!" I hope she's a female rugby player or something else that requires a bulky physique and that she's not just big!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You need a bit of bulk to ensure you keep your place in the naafi queue.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. She'd be handy as a run ashore oppo in a scrap. And she would be able to patch you up afterwards.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Last time I played lead role in a recruitment advertisement.

I see that the Top Gun volleyball scene has been borrowed from. Bloke on the rowing machine gets a manhug in the face from a half naked sweaty muscly prospective PTI. Something for everyone.
  17. He's Carvetii brethren from the fatherland. Of course he outshone the others.
  18. I think they are really good. The only very slight irritant? Shouldn't it be, "These are their stories"?