new RN Applicant

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by icemanb29, Jul 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    i have just spent a year going throught the RFA application process only to get into the CR2 position and have the MOD and RFA cut the courses for the next 2 years.
    well i thought bugger it i have decided to got to to the royal navy and they have excepted my application i have decided to go for submarine warfare it/comms.
    AFCO have told me to go away and get my maths skills up as at the moment they said i am only a couple marks away from my required grade.
    so if any one is currently serving on board a submarine at the moment and can give me som inside info that would be great.
    manythanks Ben
  2. "Excepted" and "acio".

Just sayin'.
  3. ok spelling corrections done now has anyone got any helpfull advice.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Your a bawbag Tim, just sayin. :roll:

Ben have a read through the submariner threads and also the newbie threads. You'll pick up alot of info and then you come back and ask specific questions.
  5. Best talking to your AFCO mate. The CIS guys have to go through developed vetting procedures as they have to routinely handle highly classified information. To that end, I doubt you're gonna get anyone on here that is a CIS, telling you what they do. AFCO will give you all that you need.
  6. :)
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

and a complete knob Tim, just saying

have you got a start up date for the RN yet? How will McD's manage without you?
  8. Maccy D's? I work in a pub, thanks very much.
  9. When do you go for your next medical, Dr Z?
  10. Tuesday, Soleil.
  11. Hold up....
    What was that you mentioned about the RFA? 8O
    coz i'm thinkin about going into that.
  12. got through the recruitment process passed all the security checks and got excepted for the course and then the MOD decided to cut all the courses for the next 2 years.
  13. But i was at my recruitment office a couple of weeks ago talking to my old navy recruiter about maybe rejoining the navy after a year or so and i mentioned that i'm applying to go in the RFA,that i sent in an application form got a reply saying that they're gonna b going through the applications during september and that if i'm successful they'll send me off to sit the written exam! What he said to me was that you haven't had any reply from them have u,thats when i said to him what i just explained to you and he just said well thats ok then,that he deals with the RFA tests,but he also said in a year and a half down the line if u decide to re-join u know where my office is.So that makes me think maybe it's true from the way he reacted,and i did send out the application form in june this year so i don't know now.
  14. Right, who's alter ego is this? Because it's genius.
  15. i can only tell you what i know mate still got the letter sitting in front of me mate.
    but if you are in 2 minds give ian pratt a call and i am sure he will fill you in.
  16. Whats 'acio' Zbloke?
  17. A spelling mistake, I presume.
  18. ACIO = Army Careers Information Office.
  19. My office is not an AFCO it's an RNCIO or RN and RM careers office attached to an Army careers information office (ACIO)

20. Hey Ben i just checked out the web site and it basically has only two courses available for rating so i'm guessing they're still recruiting for them two.