Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

As far as I have always understood. Dunns was a high class hatters in London. So wearing their top grade hats would be Dapper. Meaning Smart or well attired. This I have understood for the last 60 or so years, then again i could be far wrong.

I knew Dunns in that respect as a gentleman's tailors, owning a few suits made by them when they had a number of high street branches in larger towns. If I recall correctly both Bristol and Tonbridge Wells sported such outlets.
Perhaps they originated from the 'Hatters' you speak of?
In any case, being hatters, would make Dunn, dapper or not, slightly mad.. would it not?

I knew Dunns in that respect as a gentleman's tailors, owning a few suits made by them when they had a number of high street branches in larger towns. If I recall correctly both Bristol and Tonbridge Wells sported such outlets.
Perhaps they originated from the 'Hatters' you speak of?
In any case, being hatters, would make Dunn, dapper or not, slightly mad.. would it not?

Or brown!

Latest Threads