Good idea @NotNickCarte, and/or Paul "Knocker/Chalkie/Blanco/Chefs" White, yet a first glance at AZ UK indicates that 'pricky' price went OTT @ £12.75 for the sole version - a paperback edition.

Amazon's tantalising but brief 'Look Inside' gives a hint of the categories of Andrew/Jack/Jenny nicknames within only 383 pages. At a stretch one could be forgiven for hoping that these include at least some from that equally deep and rich seam of nicknames applicable to HM's Ships, Boats & stone frigates.

eg Whilst 'Bacchante' gains an early mention (within a RCN quoted context unfamiliar to this c/s) it is sadly NOT asssociated with that Leander fondly remembered, by her old ships at least, as the 'Bagshantie'..

Would I read it? I'd happily accept a copy for review if Auld Yin at @Ageing_Gracefully could make the necessary arrangements, pretty please?

Alternatively, would I buy it? Lets say I'd pencil it on to ye olde Christmas Present list knowing that the price might be construed as cruelty by our impoverished grandbrats.

PS Meanwhile - Freebies on the same subject are available here:

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/search/29300/?page=8&q=nicknames&o=relevance

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/search/186442/?q=nicknames&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

Now then, BreathingOutOnTheWayUp
Thanks for commenting and a good one for trying to snag a freebie, you old sundodger.
I wonder how many times you give away your own income? which is, as a full-time author, what you are asking me to do. The small percentage of 'royalty' received from the sale of a book would not even cover the postage.
So, it would cost me to give you a book. That roughly equates to you paying someone so you can work for them.
Something I doubt you would do either.
The only books I offer for free are in support of charities, primarily the RN/RM Childrens fund, or to support the Tiger association. (HMS Tiger).

The information in The Andrew, Jack & Jenny surpasses any brief suggestions given 'on Google', (Google is just a search engine BTW), or by anecdote on group/community websites/chatrooms.

I think Father Christmas lives somewhere near the North Pole? I am sure you will find his address 'on Google', as we all know how accurate, meticulously researched and reliable such information is.

The price of this book is competitive with other books of a similar genre, many with far fewer pages.
Yes, ONLY a paperback version is published. There are no plans for an eBook; although a hardback edition is under consideration, which, by its very nature, is a more expensive format.
I hope this covers your questions, observations and comments, shipper.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I presume that you have paid in something to the running of this site seeing as it's someone's livelihood and you are using it to advertise your commercial enterprise?

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Now then, BreathingOutOnTheWayUp
Thanks for commenting and a good one for trying to snag a freebie, you old sundodger.
I wonder how many times you give away your own income? which is, as a full-time author, what you are asking me to do. The small percentage of 'royalty' received from the sale of a book would not even cover the postage.
So, it would cost me to give you a book. That roughly equates to you paying someone so you can work for them.
Something I doubt you would do either.
The only books I offer for free are in support of charities, primarily the RN/RM Childrens fund, or to support the Tiger association. (HMS Tiger).

The information in The Andrew, Jack & Jenny surpasses any brief suggestions given 'on Google', (Google is just a search engine BTW), or by anecdote on group/community websites/chatrooms.

I think Father Christmas lives somewhere near the North Pole? I am sure you will find his address 'on Google', as we all know how accurate, meticulously researched and reliable such information is.

The price of this book is competitive with other books of a similar genre, many with far fewer pages.
Yes, ONLY a paperback version is published. There are no plans for an eBook; although a hardback edition is under consideration, which, by its very nature, is a more expensive format.
I hope this covers your questions, observations and comments, shipper.
Nick

Message sent to you via your website. I appreciate your wish to sell books but a co-opersting with us would give your book a highlighted spot on the reviews section with a link to Amazon to make it easier for people to buy. For the cost of a book you have the opperchancity to sell even more!

You will note that our website has reviewed a large number of books of various types and the reviews are by Rummers, for Rummers so if it is good you will get a big pat on the back; conversely if it is not then....:p

Over to you!

ETA a p.s. - I note that your first post on Rum Ration was a request for people to send you dits, presumably for one of your books! Time to pay back?

Nick

Message sent to you via your website. I appreciate your wish to sell books but a co-opersting with us would give your book a highlighted spot on the reviews section with a link to Amazon to make it easier for people to buy. For the cost of a book you have the opperchancity to sell even more!

You will note that our website has reviewed a large number of books of various types and the reviews are by Rummers, for Rummers so if it is good you will get a big pat on the back; conversely if it is not then....:p

Over to you!

ETA a p.s. - I note that your first post on Rum Ration was a request for people to send you dits, presumably for one of your books! Time to pay back?

A review copy for Navy Net/Rum Rats in being organised. Now, as you were.

I presume that you have paid in something to the running of this site seeing as it's someone's livelihood and you are using it to advertise your commercial enterprise?
If your asking, have I paid a commercial enterprise to benefit from their service, the answer is yes. Fully subscribe, thank you.

I stated in the book, it is impossible to cover every single name ever given. I have asked for any not shown to notify me, so I can research them.
I have stayed with the common and those with recorded history for this edition, knowing I am sure to be told of many more, once published.
Should I be able to find confirmed history, of yours or any others names, I will happily and gladly add them to The Andrew, Jack & Jenny, once I have enough to make an update viable. (Clearly, as a 'living person' you come under that fact!)
Thanks for letting me know Dapper, I shall look into it :).

I stated in the book, it is impossible to cover every single name ever given. I have asked for any not shown to notify me, so I can research them.
I have stayed with the common and those with recorded history for this edition, knowing I am sure to be told of many more, once published.
Should I be able to find confirmed history, of yours or any others names, I will happily and gladly add them to The Andrew, Jack & Jenny, once I have enough to make an update viable. (Clearly, as a 'living person' you come under that fact!)
Thanks for letting me know Dapper, I shall look into it :).
This is Dappers we're talking about isn't it??

He's a creature of the night FFS.

Latest Threads