New ratings haircuts

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jambo1874, Nov 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there, i have a date to join RN as a rating next year but was wondering what the haircut requirements are.

Do guys have to shave their hair all over when arriving at Ralleigh?

I currently go for a grade 1 up the back and sides and short on top - is this sufficient?

Not to keen on shaving it on the top as well. :afro:

Any advice is appreciated - cheers guys.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I assume you mean on your head..?! :oops:

3. That will be fine

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

5. Shipmate, dont worry about the haircut the barber will do anything you want not ! grade one all off jug ears. Everyone all the same. Be more worried about the flared trousers lol

6. Just go for the all over. You will all have it done by the barber on your second day. One in all in shipmate

7. Hi Jambo,

You will need to be grade 2 all over. If you don't have it done before you go to Raleigh then the barber will do it and charge you for the privilege.

Regards

SM

:nemo: :nemo:

8. Note Ueshiba's pusser haircut :rendeer:

You're only allowed to grow a ponytail and secure with a navy blue, tiddly, ribbon once you're a Trained Rating. Your ponytail must be neatly trimmed at the end and should be situated exactly three-quarters down your neatly pressed, blue jean collar.

If you haven't got any body hair you can only join as a female.

9. Are there any restrictions for girls in terms of hair length and colour?

10. aslong as your collar and cuffs match your ok. But smartly trimmed is always good ?

11. [/quote]

Hi Jambo,

You will need to be grade 2 all over. If you don't have it done before you go to Raleigh then the barber will do it and charge you for the privilege.

Regards

SM

:nemo: :nemo:[/quote]

Cheers Mario. Didnt know this was compulsary, thought i would get away with a 1 up the back and sides but obvoiusly not. Would put me of joining in that case as stupid as it sounds (would look like even more of a scrote with my high hairline and fully shaved).

Clear double standards if girls dont have to go for the 2 all over! - makes no sense to me.

12. After recent events involving matelots and shooting competitions, all ratings must now go for a Brazilian wax before entering training, due to the requirements of RM.
    ;)

13. Ah missed the DIN but, stand corrected and suggest we brief all accordanly

14. Hang on, I'll send Hig a PM.
    He'll be along shortly to offer help and advice :)

15. Girls don''t have to go to the barbers for any reason do they?

16. Are you saying a haircut would put you of joining?

17. lol of course they do wink wink

18. If your hair cut is what your concerned about then Navy Life isn't for you. I think beauty school is the best option. Hair grows back and you won't need to keep it all over laters on!

But you really need to have a word with yourself in a mirror if that puts you off

19. Completely ignore that sorry

20. lol of course they do wink wink[/quote]

RN_Commando, you're a devil.

Drakey must you always comment?