New ratings haircuts

Hi there, i have a date to join RN as a rating next year but was wondering what the haircut requirements are.

Do guys have to shave their hair all over when arriving at Ralleigh?

I currently go for a grade 1 up the back and sides and short on top - is this sufficient?

Not to keen on shaving it on the top as well. :afro:

Any advice is appreciated - cheers guys.

jambo1874 said:
Hi there, i have a date to join RN as a rating next year but was wondering what the haircut requirements are.

I currently go for a grade 1 up the back and sides and short on top - is this sufficient?

That will be fine

Shipmate, dont worry about the haircut the barber will do anything you want not ! grade one all off jug ears. Everyone all the same. Be more worried about the flared trousers lol

jambo1874 said:

Hi Jambo,

You will need to be grade 2 all over. If you don't have it done before you go to Raleigh then the barber will do it and charge you for the privilege.

Regards

SM

:nemo: :nemo:

Note Ueshiba's pusser haircut :rendeer:

You're only allowed to grow a ponytail and secure with a navy blue, tiddly, ribbon once you're a Trained Rating. Your ponytail must be neatly trimmed at the end and should be situated exactly three-quarters down your neatly pressed, blue jean collar.

If you haven't got any body hair you can only join as a female.

[/quote]

Hi Jambo,

You will need to be grade 2 all over. If you don't have it done before you go to Raleigh then the barber will do it and charge you for the privilege.

Regards

SM

:nemo: :nemo:[/quote]

Cheers Mario. Didnt know this was compulsary, thought i would get away with a 1 up the back and sides but obvoiusly not. Would put me of joining in that case as stupid as it sounds (would look like even more of a scrote with my high hairline and fully shaved).

Clear double standards if girls dont have to go for the 2 all over! - makes no sense to me.

After recent events involving matelots and shooting competitions, all ratings must now go for a Brazilian wax before entering training, due to the requirements of RM.
;)

aljh said:
After recent events involving matelots and shooting competitions, all ratings must now go for a Brazilian wax before entering training, due to the requirements of RM.
;)
Ah missed the DIN but, stand corrected and suggest we brief all accordanly

jambo1874 said:
Cheers Mario. Didnt know this was compulsary, thought i would get away with a 1 up the back and sides but obvoiusly not. Would put me of joining in that case as stupid as it sounds (would look like even more of a scrote with my high hairline and fully shaved).

Clear double standards if girls dont have to go for the 2 all over! - makes no sense to me.
Are you saying a haircut would put you of joining?

If your hair cut is what your concerned about then Navy Life isn't for you. I think beauty school is the best option. Hair grows back and you won't need to keep it all over laters on!

But you really need to have a word with yourself in a mirror if that puts you off