Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New PJFT run-times

As Ninja said at the start. Anyone who hasnt passed with a time under the new standard will have to repeat. However not everyone has had the chance to attend RNAC so Marmalizers comment is still valid.

Nice one on the time by the way JW and congratulations on the Raleigh date. Best of luck 'n all that

:hello1:

I have my date for Raleigh, I was on the same RNAC as Raffer and I haven't been told i've got to do my fitness test again. Did it on the RNAC in 10 mins dead and was told by both staff at the RNAC and my CA that the time on the RNAC counts as my re-take and that the pass counts (as my previous fitness test had expired 4 months prior to going on the RNAC.

I didn't realise the RNAC included a re-take of the PJFT, or that it would count in your application. I never went on one, unfortunately! Apologies!! :D

Graf

Lantern Swinger
If your out of date or haven't passed your PJFT and you go on a RPC and pass, this will be reflected in your application. If you already hold an in-date pass for PJFT and go on a RPC and don't make the required standard it won't invalidate your previous pass.

Drakey

War Hero
If your out of date or haven't passed your PJFT and you go on a RPC and pass, this will be reflected in your application. If you already hold an in-date pass for PJFT and go on a RPC and don't make the required standard it won't invalidate your previous pass.[/QUOTE]

Correct, but it should do, as this reflects poorly on the individuals ability to keep up their fitness.

Last edited:

JW7121

Lantern Swinger
As Ninja said at the start. Anyone who hasnt passed with a time under the new standard will have to repeat. However not everyone has had the chance to attend RNAC so Marmalizers comment is still valid.

Nice one on the time by the way JW and congratulations on the Raleigh date. Best of luck 'n all that

:hello1:

Cheers mate! Hoping to knock the time down a bit more before I get to Raleigh.

If your out of date or haven't passed your PJFT and you go on a RPC and pass, this will be reflected in your application. If you already hold an in-date pass for PJFT and go on a RPC and don't make the required standard it won't invalidate your previous pass

Correct, but it should do, as this reflects poorly on the individuals ability to keep up their fitness.

I've been told the procedure is "exactly the same" as the first PJFT, which would surely include the pass/fail nature of it? Or am i mistaken again?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I've been told the procedure is "exactly the same" as the first PJFT, which would surely include the pass/fail nature of it? Or am i mistaken again?

An RPC PJFT fail does not invalidate a PJFT pass within the prescribed timescale (bizarrely) however for most careers advisers this would set alarm bells jangling & probably result in a common sense approach with an ultimatum to re-take the PJFT within the prescribed timescales prior to entry - even if it was passed, for example 6 months ago, then failed at RPC 3 months ago.

The rules state a PJFT pass is valid for 12 months prior to entry providing it was passed at the new timings, but a PJFT fail at RPC after a valid PJFT pass means the candidate is a training risk. The careers adviser has the discretion to withdraw the candidate if there is evidence that they are not fit enough to undergo the rigours of Initial Naval Training - a PJFT fail provides that evidence in bucket-loads & suggests that the initial offer of service maybe better offered to a better prepared candidate.

Graf

Lantern Swinger
A PJFT Fail whilst on a RPC does not count because the course is not a Pass or Fail course (which I think it should be & also compulsory) therefore any "failures" arn't actually failures but instead simply a "did not complete" or similar wordings.

A PJFT Fail whilst on a RPC does not count because the course is not a Pass or Fail course (which I think it should be & also compulsory) therefore any "failures" arn't actually failures but instead simply a "did not complete" or similar wordings.

Surely that would set alarm bells ringing for a CA too... "did not complete" on an acquaint course? !!! :tard:

Graf

Lantern Swinger
Surely that would set alarm bells ringing for a CA too... "did not complete" on an acquaint course? !!! :tard:

I never said that it wouldn't set alarm bells ringing, I just explained why failing to complete a RPC PJFT doesn't count as a PJFT failure and invalidate any previous pass.

I never said that it wouldn't set alarm bells ringing, I just explained why failing to complete a RPC PJFT doesn't count as a PJFT failure and invalidate any previous pass.

Calm down calm down! I was using the quote to reply to N.S, not to suggest you did or didn't say something. chill!

M

mclark84

Pjft - new times?

Hi

I was told by my AFCO today that I have to retake my PJFT as part of my application process as the first time I did it in was 12.02 mins. I am 26 and the previous time to be within was 12.48 mins and now according to the Careers Liason Officer it is now 11.13 minutes. Is this correct as I thought that was the time for 15-24 years in Phase one training? It doesnt bother me at all as I have got my time just under 10 mins but it does put a concern across of the phase one training time because surely this will be less than the PJFT.

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
As expected, I'm going to have to rerun (rather than resit!) mine under the new times before I can go for my AIB. Not really a problem as my time on the treadmill is much better than it was last summer when I first ran it (was quite pathetic, looking back, but I was proud at the time :slow:). Could never quite understand why the PJFT and RNFT times were different anyway.

corbett12

Lantern Swinger
I said this a numerous times if your struggling with fitness then pick up a pre joining fitness booklet from your AFCO this will give you a good standard of fitness and give an idea of what is expected.

Hi

I was told by my AFCO today that I have to retake my PJFT as part of my application process as the first time I did it in was 12.02 mins. I am 26 and the previous time to be within was 12.48 mins and now according to the Careers Liason Officer it is now 11.13 minutes. Is this correct as I thought that was the time for 15-24 years in Phase one training? It doesnt bother me at all as I have got my time just under 10 mins but it does put a concern across of the phase one training time because surely this will be less than the PJFT.

The new PJFT times are the same as the pass times for Raleigh, which is why they've introduced them. People were passing the PJFT then failing at Raleigh.

builderbambi

Lantern Swinger
Sorry if this has been brought up but as the pjft time has changed to the the rnft time has the rnft time been lowered as well?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M PJFT Run Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
B Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Q Next step after pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
K PJFT I did mine before my interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P What’s after PJFT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P How long before should you prepare for the PJFT? Joining the Royal Navy 20
A Pjft time Health & Fitness 9
Y Wait from pjft to interview Joining the Royal Navy 5
A Waiting for something to happen after PJFT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
N Actual PJFT pass times? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Max9393 Couldn't do PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Max9393 Psychometric test, interview, medical and PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Maxpowers How long after PJFT can I expect an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
ws1602 PJFT Health & Fitness 17
B Failed first PJFT Joining the Royal Navy 18
Banshee-RMforum Pjft times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Super_Navist PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
B PJFT tomorrow! Joining the Royal Navy 6
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
F Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
C PJFT Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M Trying to book the PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
JackFH PJFT PACE !!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
S PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
tbfyb PJFT and PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Cameroon..James99 Pjft advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
WannabeAdmiral When does the PJFT take place? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
L PJFT. Joining the Royal Navy 8
PotentialCT PJFT Diary Joining the Royal Navy 3
S PJFT freak out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
A Medical and Pjft Timescale Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Post-PJFT timings. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T5igger Pjft help! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
shinson PJFT Pass and HMS Raleigh in 9 (ish) weeks!! Joining the Royal Navy 8
1 Treadmill speed for PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
M PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M How long is a PJFT valid for, prior to AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S How long between PJFT and PRNC on average? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
L PJFT Confusion Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
Suit_Up PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
P PJFT Tips Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
H passed my pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R Anyone in Milton Keynes training for their PJFT? Read This. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
u04elw2 Just PJFT and Security Clearance to go... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
matt93 PJFT Locations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6