New PJFT run-times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those yet to join the service, to ensure that all candidates joining at a New Entry Training Establishment (NETE), do so at the appropriate standard of fitness, PJFT run-times have been revised.

Despite candidates achieving the PJFT standard on a running machine within 12 months of joining, there is evidence that some candidates are unable to repeat the PJFT times when tested across field and track at a NETE.

In order to alleviate this shortfall the Royal Navy Fitness Test times are to be applied to the PJFT.

All RN Personnel joining the Service after 1 April 2011 are to have met the new PJFT standard.

Candidates who have previously passed PJFT to the RNFT times will not need to be re-tested, provided they remain in date on joining the NETE. However, those who are due to enter post 1 Apr 11 and have not met this standard must re-test and pass. Your AFCO will automatically contact you if you require a re-test, upon notification of an allocated entry date.

There is no need to contact your AFCO

All candidates need to maintain this level of fitness or better to ensure they are fit to re-take the PJFT idf called-upon to do so.

A PJFT pass to the new standard will remain valid for a period of 12 months.

Royal Marines and Diver PJFT times remain unchanged. Royal Marines Band Service candidates will be required to meet the standards detailed above.

NEW PJFT TIMES

The standards required to pass the PJFT 2.4km run are:

Age Male
    16 – 24 11 mins 13 secs or less
    25 – 29 11 mins 38 secs or less
    30 – 34 12 mins 08 secs or less
    35 – 39 12 mins 34 secs or less

Age Female
    16 – 24 13 mins 15 secs or less
    25 – 29 13 mins 50 secs or less
    30 – 34 14 mins 28 secs or less
    35 – 39 15 mins 09 secs or less

These standards are the lowest acceptable standards for age and gender; candidates will be expected to produce their best effort for the duration of the test.

Candidates should be aware that they will be re-tested in HMS RALEIGH on a running track and in the case of BRNC and the RNACs on track and field.

Again, Your AFCO will automatically contact you if you require a re-test, upon notification of an allocated entry date. There is no need to contact your AFCO

All candidates need to maintain this level of fitness or better to ensure they are fit to re-take the PJFT when called-upon to do so.

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I find this post both sexist and ageist.

Why should femails in the days of equal opportunities have different times?

Why are there not times given for the over 65's?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Good questions. And from from an unexpected quarter, too.

Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just to back up What N_S has already said. All RN ratings from now will be expected to pass at the RN Fitness Test standards not the old PJFT standards. All officers who are to join post April 2011 will also have to pass at the RNFT standards. There will be no requirement for personal to be re-tested unless their PJFT goes out of date (Currently lasts for 12 months), Anyone who has passed the PJFT but not in the RNFT timings will also need to be re-tested. RM and Divers timings have not changed at all.

SM

:) :lol:

Edited As I misread the recruiting instrustion, cheers N_S

5. About time too. :lol:

6. Ninja_Stoker

Yep quite agree.

Everytime a Careers Adviser steps into the gym at Raleigh, the PTIs complain about the fitness standard of recruits on arrival & the need for hair gel to be given a NATO stock number.

Fortunately the penny has finally dropped that the PJFT needed amending, much the same as the Booties, Divers & RAF had done yonks ago.

My guess is that hair gel patternisation must be high on the priorities agenda, immediately after redundancies. :wink:

7. So the new PJFT is just the RNFT times?

8. Ninja_Stoker

9. Yip, just found this out this morning after getting off the phone with my CA who kindly informed me of this and my probably 2year wait left to go! Fun times :lol:

10. What trade are you going for Trig?

11. After having worked with the RAF for a while now, I have managed to unearth a NSN for Brylcreem, do you think the Defense Fuels Group would recommend this as an acceptable alternative for Hair Gel?? :D

12. ET(ME) :)

13. After watching some WEEK 1 trainee's running the mile and a half out my mess window this afternoon it sounds like this should have been introduced a long time ago!

Im no PTI hairgel muscle bosun and I know they can dish out a hardcore warmup/beasting but if your having to have a quick walk half a lap into it then surely you cant have been fit enough!

And I thought I was bad :lol:

14. Half a lap, seriously !?!?!? 8O

15. so when at raleigh are the RNFT times going to change as the PJFT has come down to there times?

16. I think the idea is that people meet the standards of the RNFT when they get to Raleigh, hopefully reducing the number who are chucked out during the first few week for failing it, so the RNFT should stay the same.

Happy to be corrected if I'm talking bollocks though.

17. Good - nice to see we are getting more serious on the RNFT. Let's face it we aren't short of people at the moment so why bother taking people who can't make the effort to meet our standards before they join.

18. still amuses me that a 16 year old girl can run slower than a 39 year old man and still pass!

19. Yep always been against unequality when it comes to this. In my opinion, if they do they same job, they should have the same standards, they get paid the same. There is no reason why a female can not pass the male RNFT times.