New pistols for UK Armed Forces

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jan 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I thought we were replacing the Browning with the Sig? We used Glocks in the police but I always found them a little too light for my taste, like a water pistol
  3. I rather like the old Webley, it had the ability of being unable to hit a barn door if were 2 feet away or maybe it was just me.

4. Frankly if you're* in the situation where you need to use a pistol then I'd suggest something has gone badly wrong ....

* For the majority of us in mere mortal jobs
  5. A bit like "fix bayonets".

There is a story of when Ross Kemp was doing a documentary in the sand-pit with our esteemed Royal out on patrol when they came under fire and took cover. Apparently he went very pale when the order "fix bayonets" went down the line. The obvious thought being "they're not that b****y close, are they??"
  6. Your spoilt, in Aston there is now a holster fitted to most briefcases.
    This is where a "hot shot" does not refer to business capabilities.
    The lower class use shotguns.
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In my experience if the baddies are 100 metres away, they're too bloody close.
  8. In my experience if the baddies are 100 meters away and you know it then your too bloody close.
  9. We were issued with hammer helves when the IRA were thought to be on the base one night, maybe they were too close for pistols
  10. Royal fine.

But allowing Jack another weapon with more rounds.

Is this wise?:biggrin:
  11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Pistols are very good for fitness,

I had a shoulder holster snap on me and a good ol' 9mil Browning come sailing out from under my jacket one day whilst loitering in a garage in sunny Belfast..... Run Royal Run.... :)

The next time I fired one was off the Arrse end of Fearless, I double tapped my way quiet quickly through the magazine and promptly got bollocked for firing a pistol in a gung ho and un-professional manner. I tried to explain that that was the way I'd been taught in my last posting but quickly gave up when I realised I was dealing with complete throbbers who'd been exposed to the Naval way of doing things for a bit to long.

The fitness theme continued as I cracked out some press ups for being Gung-ho.....

LC SNCO's, finger on the pulse of the mainstream Corps.... :)
  12. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

The important questions are:

Can you use it sideways, gangsta style?

Can you dual wield like on the xbox?
  13. As matelots we think of close combat as using the 4.5 inch. Pistols are a lot more important these days with counter insurgency/piracy etc meaning a lot more boardng parties
  14. TJP

Happiness used to be a good score card and a few pints in the Dew Drop Inn !!!
  15. Just gives the cement eads something else to learn 1, 2 steady
  16. Frankly, if you are in a situation where you have to use a pistol, then use this bastard.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isn't there a mounting on the 22ft RIB for a 4.5 Gun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  18. A useful weapon if ever faced by a charging rhino!
  19. Sigs were only a uor for theatre. I believe no support contract is in place for maintenance. Hence awaiting for new pistol to come into service