New OSM Libya.

Lantern Swinger
Heard a buzz Cameron has proposed a new OSM for Libya. It is to be struck later on in the year. As there will be no boots on the ground or Army involvement only the RAF & RN will qualify for the medal. Anyone else heard about this new OSM Libya?
I thought they were all SBs.

Anyway, we didn't get a medal the last time we (mainly the USAF) bombed Libya.
Depends whether you believe the garbage trotted out by our world renowned "meeja" or just sigh and give up - I think I am probably in the latter group!

PS, I didn't know you were in the USAF Joe.
I was in Cairo for the run up to TELIC and if it hadn't been for those bloody Turks I would have got the TELIC OSM (and believe me, Cairo was no holiday with the Gyppoes chucking rocks and shoes and stuff at any westerner who wasn't French!!!! ... and it was a bit hot and sandy so it wouldn't have been a complete walt session) - as it was I went in and out of EyeRack a few times from 2003 but never stayed long enough to qualify under the 30 day rule and can't be arsed trying to add up under the new rules now I have left the mob
Further to the original post, I heard from the NAAFI manager that they were going to cast the OSM out of the metal from destroyed Libyan tanks - gen dit.

Lantern Swinger
I forgot this is UN and NATO led so there could be more medals, unfortunately RAF & RN personnel who qualify will not be allowed to wear the UN or NATO medals if they receive an OSM. If a new Libyan government is formed after Gadaffi is toppled the new libyan government could award RAF & RN personnel a Libyan foreign medal as well so there could be four medals for another three week campaign. Better still than the Gulf war in 1991 when there was three medals awarded for a three week campaign. UK Generals will not be pleased if so many medal are being issued and the Army miss out.
Never got one for The Cod War or Beira Patrol.
Or surviving The Gut when the natives went mad one afternoon after a shooting.
Didn't get one for the so called Cold War neither.
Not that I'm bitter!