New on here and need help.

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Geronimo, Dec 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Bootnecks!

I'm the brother of an ex Royal Marine who died very recently. His name was Ron Webster and he served between 1971 & 1980 inc. SBS. Ineed to contact the only other person he called a friend by the surname of Warren can anybody help?

2. Sorry for your loss mate. RIP Royal.
    Need a bit more info than that I'd expect.
    Units they served in (SB or something else)?
    First name of Mne Warren (He'll have been 'Bunny' to his oppos).
    The more clues you give us the better.
    You could also try contacting your nearest Royal Marines Association Branch,
    http://www.royalmarinesassociation.org.uk/ .
    Best of luck with your search.
    NZB

3. Trying to trace Royal Marines from that far back is never easy, but I guess anything is worth a shot.

There was a guy who joined up with me, early in 1983 called Andy Warren. His father was a former bootneck who served in the SBS in the 70's. I saw him at our passing out parade. I never actually spoke to his father, but Andy had a Cornish or Bristol accent, I think the latter. It may be the same family, but like I said its always a shot in the dark.

I can only suggest you write to DRORM (Draughts and Records Office Royal Marines in Portsmouth) They may be able to give you some guidance, but it won't be easy.

Best of Luck

Steven Preece (GD)

4. All I know about Rons' oppo is that his name was Mick Warren, as I say they served together in the '70s. Thanks for the guidance guys, I will let you know how I get on.