New NOD here

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by moley88, Feb 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm about to become a NOD, I start at CTCRM on Monday.
    I've only just come across this forum so hopefully can make use of it for hints and tips and just a general interest. Would have been more useful if i'd have come across it earlier on as obviously i'm not going to be logging in for some time.

But anyway, hi all, I'm Tom. :eek:
  2. My best mate started at Lympstone last week, 106 Troop. He's so glad to be moving out of foundation on Monday! From what I hear hes starting to enjoy it now he's used to the sleep deprivation and phys.., and after 2 weeks has just about got the hang of ironing (if you cant do shirts already then get some practise in- he's been up till 1.30 some nights getting it done to standard!).
    Good luck!
  3. If your joining the Royal Marines, why have you got an army avatar? Or is a nod something different?
  4. His avatar says

A R M Y (with the A and Y crossed out to leave RM)

and underneath it says 'be the best' - a pisstake of the Army slogan.
  5. sorry my monitor is shite I didn't spot that the lines are too thin.
  6. Good luck and keep smiling
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

8. Makes good reading Blobbs, even if your not going RM.

Cheers mate!! :)

Edit; Very rude of me, best of luck in your training :)
  9. Best of luck Tom when you are feeling tired knackered FUBAR thousands have gone before you feeling that way yes nothing last's forever dig in and give it your best and then a bit more.
  10. Cheers for the welcome, as well as the words of encouragement and luck. I go to CTC tomorrow morning :D
    I can't wait to get down there now, the nerves have set in a bit but I just wanna crack on with it now!

soleil : Thanks for that link :)

wet_blobby : Thanks for that link also. Was really interesting reading your memoir! I have even put it as a link in my favourites to keep coming back to when i need encouragement :D I look forward to the memoirs of the rest of your career
  11. Really? To be honest, the rest was just naked roll mat fighting... but he'll divulge :wink: