New No 4 (PCS)

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by andrews2166, Dec 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any idea when the new 4s are coming in RN wide??
    • Old Old x 1
  2. They're not.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Any reason why it's not happening anymore
  4. money money money.

Which is a shame, because they're quite good kit.
  5. That is a shame, ah well, as with everything else then
  6. They look like bespoke stokers' ovies to me.
  7. Believe it or not, they're actually a separate shirt (jacket lightweight) and trousers, just cause they're tucked in, the same colour and worn with a belt people get confused.
  8. OK, we're waiting; what's the punch line?
  9. Nowt. We just can't afford to buy an entire Navy's worth, and we're not willing to allow people to have mixed rigs. That's the way it goes.
  10. You actually look forward to being rigged like a McDonald's burger basher?

11. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

I think the uniform looks better without all the corporate crap all over it. I am sure you would realise that you are in the RN and have a clue which ship you are on without having to look at a patch on your arm, don't get me started on the head gear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  12. Baseball caps were never standard- just like it isn't with 8's, but we still wear them deployed
    FB120142076.jpg FB120142075.jpg FB120122109.jpg normally they're a NAAFI item, but we were all issued one from the CO's fund on Sutherland.

Attached Files:

13. That's why they are reducing the numbers, trying to match the stock with manpower/woman power!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  14. the killick in the photo above has a Logistic branch badge, old S&S. But what does the CS under it means?
  15. [nobite]

Catering Services. Chef or Std.

16. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Catering services. AKA a chef.
  17. Catering Services- Chefs and Stewards merged together briefly to make one branch, but they've split up now.
  18. .............Perhaps they should order in some more of the current uniform before worrying too much about anything new. The ongoing non-availability of basics like shoes, steaming boots, no 3 trousers etc. etc. is truly appalling!
  19. And any headgear whatsoever in sizes 56 and 57.