New MTO Badge

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Six_and_a_Half, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard that Maritime Trade Operations ratings are no longer to wear the GSS(R) badge, and now we wear the AWT badge (complete with AWT written underneath). I wonder if this is going to promulgate another name change for the branch as well?
  2. Bet it will be velcro, so we can rip it off when someone changes their mind again :).
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Let's hope this thread doesn't similarly deteriorate into 10 pages of Naval Police "Badge baiting" , eh? :lol:
  4. Would we?

Anyway, these part time fcukers will never have the ability nor the right to wear the AWT badge, I'm outraged!
  5. Write to your MP. :lol:
  6. That's a bit rich from a Wafu...

7. Good point well made. :wink:
  8. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

He's a WAFU - first of all he needs to find someone that can write
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Badge, smadge... who care what corporate logo is on the arm; you get paid to the do the same job don't you? Arguing about semantics for the sake of it, it seems.... :?
  10. Says a man coming from the Reggie branch and their new epaulettes. 8O
  11. sgtpepperband

XRD: I did not join the debate [sic] on that subject at the time, so you cannot accuse me of 'arguing' about it. Anyway, did you ever meet/know any Reggies when you were in the Weekend Warriors? :shock: :lol:
  12. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Yes - there was a Chief Wren Reg at HMS Forward in the 80s and 90s, and she had the pretty little leather braclet that was worn before the nice shiny new epaulettes :) :pottytrain1:
  13. Not the fancy watch that only the Chief Petty Officer Royal Navy Policemen or Policewomen wear?? How could you tell she was a reggie with out nice epaulettes telling you so? :lol:
  14. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

You didn't need to look at badges.... she told you!
  15. sgtpepperband

FW/Tommo: If you read my previous I was talking to XRD - mind your own beeswax! :lol:
  16. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

A polite regiie I see, most reggies in my experience talk at people :)
  17. Strictly speaking I'm not a WAFU, more a Dabwu or Wabber. I'm a mixture of all that is good from both GS and FAA. The master race as it were.
  18. Still writes in crayon, gets away with having to chip & paint...

19. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I'm sure the nurse will be along shortly with your medication and the jacket that has the long sleeves and that fastens at the back :)
  20. 8O