New Model Honours System

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Always_a_Civvy, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I though in these days of inter-naval backbiting and recriminations against oppos as against the real culprits, something of a more light-hearted nature was needed to get Rum Rationers to revert their usual selves. So here goes.

What if RR members were to devise a new system of honours and decorations (no not the Christmas variety - stupid boy - the bauble variety). Here are some of my own thoughts.

VC - no change

GC - no change

Companion of the Order of the G Spot (COGS) - to replace the KG - Garter replaced by muffler bearing the chain-stitched motto: Do As You're Told, in red silk

Companion of the Order of Nelson (CON) - to replace the Order of Merit - with the motto: Kiss Me Hardy

Companion of the Shower (COS) - the environmentally friendly replacement to the CB

Commander of the Brown Envelope (CBE) - for services to politics/big business - with the motto: Pass the Buck

2. and a new Medal as well?

[​IMG]

General Pain in the Arse campaign Medal.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As always AaC, I respect your insight but you neglected to put a definitive price on each 'award'.

4. Here goes...

VC - no change from £5M

GC - no change from £1M

Companion of the Order of the G Spot (COGS) - can only be earned by being an ex-inmate :(

Companion of the Order of Nelson (CON) - sell your story to the News of the Knobs for £100K

Companion of the Shower (COS) - donations to MPs Pension Fund gratefully received (nothing less than £5000)

Commander of the Brown Envelope (CBE) - free to all Fat Cats and MPs

5. I qualify for the following.

Companion of The Order of The G Spot.
    Companion of the Order of Golden Showers and Bar.

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

AaC, if you haven't got a gong already Shipmate, you can borrow one of mine!

7. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I aspire to obtain (when I can afford £1000) the one with a pink ribbon.... that's special:

...the Order of the Brownhatter's Scramble Net - awarded for services to fishing.... for, er.... sailors! :D