New Minister

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by OSLO, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again, we get a new minister who has never worked in Defence, never served a day in uniform and has no real, tangible experience or knowledge of the department. This at a time when op tempo is at its highest, constraints on budgets are high, new equipment projects are overbudget and late.....

2. Within the Labour Government and party is there one Labour MP who has served his or her country in armed conflict? None I am aware of None that has served his or her country on the battlefields of Colchester or Plymouth NAAFI's either .
    Disregard them all.

3. Actually, It must be impossible to find one with those credentials!

4. Unfortunately Oslo that's life. You cannot make prospective MPs join up. I agree that they lack any perception of service life, they are just fed waffle by the spin doctors. Not only that, if they do not represent a "service" area they really don't give a shit.

Semper Strenuissima

5. Well, as she doesn't rely on the vote of anybody, we can assume that she definitely won't give a s**t.

Straight from MoD (Centre) Truth Factory;

6. I wonder why the Tories have never sounded out that Irish born leader of that famous speech[Collins]
    or the Mendoza officer who was hounded out.I respect both men and they are fine speakers,they should be shadow Armed forces spokes persons so Cameron, get to it,get them a peerage and lets get some proper questions answered.

7. Onions,

I know it's not quite the same, but they can choose to have a taster of service life by signing up to the Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme. Also quite a few MPs are ex-Regulars.

PM me for further details, if interested.

Steve.

8. And this Lord Drayson, is he still to receive parliamentary pay while playing with his scalectrix?

9. What a slendid idea "seafarer1939" , afraid the slimy cxxxs on the labour benches would hound them day & night , sad as that me be . would love to see them appointed though .

10. Well here's a thought;
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/11/29/cnmod129.xml

11. NotMeChief, he will receive no pay as a Minister whilst he is on long leave. As a member of the unelected place he receives no salary, only attendance, etc allowances when he attends the House of Muffins.

thingy

12. Another explanation for the delays to FRES is that the vehicles will have to meet current and planned EU emission laws - I kid you not !

Reminds me of a Contracts Bulletin announcement a few years back for " environmentally friendly hand grenades" - agian, I kid you not !