New Minister Challenges Freeloaders

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by asst_dep_to_dep_asst, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

About time, I say, although this should be the doctrine for everyone living in Council Housing.

As the product of a council estate upbringing, I have no axe to grind against council tenants, but cannot abide the section of the community that only works in the black economy or has never worked at all. It seems to be a baton passed on in certain sections that it is a right not to work and yet draw benefits to support a feckless lifestyle.

Caroline Flint has my vote (so far!).
  2. About time too, i would shag her as well!! :thumright:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What's Caroline Flint got against these? 8O

(Aah, freeLOADERS...) :oops: :lol:
  4. Be interesting to see the text of the speech later, in principle it sounds like a good idea, but there is the caveat on the BBC that it's not aimed at those who are genuinely in need of state support.

How will it be monitored and enforced, how will that be paid for and is there likely to be a demonstrable value for money argument.

I'm going to weigh on on the she'd get it school of thought...
  5. Probably if you are Gay, Lesbien, any other nationality other than White British, this wont apply as it might upset someone
  6. Though I agree with the sentiments and believe that all those capable of working should be actively encouraged to do so (even using benefit removal to achieve this) I would question the percentage figures quoted.
    Since 1981 (the year quoted) many good council tenants have purchased their council houses. They would mainly have been those who were employed.
    Since 1981 the percentage of single parents has risen substantially.
    Since 1981 and particularly during the labour governments time mass immigration in the form of asylum seekers has occurred. They are not allowed to work and are frequently housed in local authority housing.

I maintain that the rise from 20% to 55% may not reflect the true situation.

Governments should hold up their hands and admit that much of the problem is of their making.
  7. Bloomin' 'ell, an attractive MP! How'd that happen?
  8. Slim the results of trying to get honesty and Nulabor togerther would be similar to bringing anti matter in close proximety to matter, they cannot co-exist in the same space.

Ahmed, I suspect you will find the majority of the scroungers are white male and would not admit openly to being gay.
  9. sgtpepperband

Hmm, perhaps it was the making of the Thatcherite government who allowed people (not just occupants, but landlords and housing consortiums) to purhase council homes in the earliy '80s - and perhaps that is why there are none left now for those that need them, or there are difficulties in building new ones..! :oops:

10. Maxi how can you say such things accusing white males as homosexual scroungers in the closet,thats rasist homophobic and sexist so therefore I must be appauld by such thoughts. i am so upset i must write to my MP :afro:
  11. Fill yer boots mate.
  12. I have already partitioned support from the not so white african/asian womens guild of dogooders and PC up holders and you name is on the Black List matey
  13. Sorry guy's seen her up close and away from the cameras. She's a bitch who's only there like most of the others for her own career advancement!!
  14. Why limit it to just Council housing ? There's probably loads more people who get benefits and who own their own house ( Ministers & MPs to mention but a few..and you can't really say that some them actually do even a half decent job !!)

If they want to change things, then they really need to clean their own house first !

And to stop throwing taxpayers money to every TDH that comes to these shores whining that they are abused/gay/ginger haired/ etc etc and who bring vast numbers of 'family' members to also sponge off the law abiding taxpayer.

The way this mob are changing laws, we will all be in government controlled housing before long - and they will still not be happy when they have state control from cradle to grave.

Don't trust Liebour - soundbites is all they can come up with, and if any other party says different, they are the first to sqauwk racism etc

They still blame the other party for problems, even though they've been in power for nearly 12 years, they have stolen pensions, increased taxes way beyond the means of a lot of people, wasted money on the Dome, the Olympics, Crossrail, and then state that they are going to deny housing to people who struggle on a 2.9% payrise (IF they are lucky) when the utilities are increased by14/15% and council bills by Inflation + X - I bet you a month's pay that this denial of housing won't affect other nationalities ?

And she has the utter gall to call some people Freeloaders ?
  15. sgtpepperband

...and once again, a news story about a Government initiative turns into a rant about race and sexuality. 8O :roll: :oops:
  16. Come on SPB he has a point. Maybe not in this particular thread but none the less!!
  17. As junior health minister last year Caroline Flint used to be known around the House as 'Minister for Fitness'.

For right wingers there is Pritti - "Bring back the death penalty and never get rid of the pound" - Patel, MP (Con: Whitham). She is Britains first woman Asian MP, and Wittham is not an Asian community by any stretch of the imagination.

18. sgtpepperband

So show me where, in the story link mentioned or in any Government statistics, is the problem of social housing a direct result of immigrants (illegal or otherwise) or gay/lesbian tenants (not an issue when applying for accommodation, last time I checked)?!

19. But shurely it is very non PC nay perhaps racist to have ablack list at all. Naughty boy
  20. There's no ranting and raving about race or sexuality on my post - unless you trying for a bite again ?

Whether you agee or not is your choice, it is, after all, a free world until the EU takes full control of our lives.

Once you have returned from your life of idyll and ease in DG, you may sing a different tune... ??

Incidentally, she talks of 'freeloaders' - I have noticed that she, and many others in the government, have yet to sign the EDM for servicemen & women pensions