Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Members - Solution and Apology

There have been no new members as the site email is not working so noone could verify their accounts.

An apology to all who tried. Please try again - at the moment no email verification is needed so setting up an account is instant, and I will solve the email issue ASAP.

Finally thanks to Phil for letting me know about the problem.

Yes it will be. Nothing is going out.

I have approved everyone who's tried to reister in the last 24 hours so these will now work:

desmobob
DodgyPaddy
historybuff
JimDee
Jim_Dee
Markg
pinkyfag
Smircula1
smircula44

Finally sorted - a corruption on our HD meant that the email widget couldn't get to grips with its inbox.

Once again my apologies to those who beat their head against the keyboard trying to register, and if you're still with us to read this - thank you for bearing with it!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Good_CO said:
Yes it will be. Nothing is going out.

I have approved everyone who's tried to reister in the last 24 hours so these will now work:

desmobob
DodgyPaddy
historybuff
JimDee
Jim_Dee
Markg
pinkyfag
Smircula1
smircula44

'Wonder what job he does then?! 8O :lol:

forth60

Midshipman
Hello to all
I am a new member and I would like to ask sincere apologies that I have not introduced myself before. No former RN service, I am ex Army but did a stint in the RNXS until we were all declared by the powers that be that we were all SNLR.
My "claim to fame" is that I took passage back to the UK from Malta in HMS Forth prior to being joined (pressed!!) by my father into the Army at Devonport in 1960.
Day trips at sea in HMS Scorpion, HMS Nurton and (clandestinely!) on board at the launch of HMS Leopard in 1955 at Pompey.
I have a lot of respect for the "Grey Funnel Line" and most of my family served since the 1880s, hence the interest.
Best wishes to all

2badge_mango

War Hero
You might have been an ex squaddy Forth60, but you seem to have had more sea time than some Hairy Fairies coming up for pension.
Welcome anyway.
2BM

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Welcome Aboard, Forth60!

Please have a look around to get a feel for the place, and feel free to post experiences of your time in the RNXS.

You'll soon get used to the banter; and that's all it is - banter! Sometimes funny, often irritating, but rarely offensive. But if it is, just ive as good as you get... :wink:

Look forward to reading you posts in RR!

forth60

Midshipman
Thanks for the welcome and very much appreciated.
P.S. Does anybody know why they closed down the RNXS? We never did get a logical answer. What did we do wrong? Or is this subject off-thread?

nutty_bag

War Hero
You might want to speak to always a civvy as he was ex RNXS at president i believe. You can probably PM him your details.

NB

forth60 said:
Thanks for the welcome and very much appreciated.
P.S. Does anybody know why they closed down the RNXS? We never did get a logical answer. What did we do wrong? Or is this subject off-thread?

Think it was a costing exercise -----budgets etc they also started to centralise the RNR aswell.

A lot of ex RNXS members started up a formation called the
MVS [Maritime Volunteer Service] they are almost a charitable organisation but seem to have funding to allow themselves to run various
vessels at certain Ports in the UK .
I don't think they are MOD recognised but wear a uniform very like the
present RN .

:nemo: :nemo:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Liz Truss announces four new non-executive board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointments and reappointments of Youth Justice Board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pilot for family members to get regular testing for safer care home visits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Migration Advisory Committee members extend terms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of 2 new members to the Civil Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Nicholas Griffin and Claire-Marie Roberts as Board Members of UK Anti-Doping. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Rimla Akhtar and Janet Johnson as Board Members of the Sports Grounds Safety Authority. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Baroness Berridge to academy trust members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Belarus: UK sanctions eight members of regime, including Alexander Lukashenko MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment of independent members to ACOBA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women make up more than a third of all board members across the FTSE 350 for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Non-Executive Board Members appointed to two departments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary announces new members of the UK Holocaust Memorial Foundation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two members appointed to the Tribunal Procedure Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New board members to strengthen oversight of HS2 as it enters next phase of delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Department for Work and Pensions appoints two new Non-Executive Board Members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Bodies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment starts for new EHRC Chair and board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary addresses members of the Royal College of Defence Studies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Chris Pilling and Ismail Amla as Board Members of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new Cabinet Office Non-Executive Board Members appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD project helps 1,000+ pension scheme members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press statement by Security Council Members calling for the immediate cessation of hostilities in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on Afghanistan at Meeting of Members of the UN Security Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen Jones, Eileen Munro and Rohan Sivanandan appointed as members of the Cafcass Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Prison Service Pay Review Body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity Commission Chair welcomes new board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Imran Gulamhuseinwala OBE and Joanna Prowse appointed as Board Members of the Charity Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Carol Hui, Robin Frewer, Peter Gowers, Karin Sheppard appointed as Board Members of the British Tourism Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sarah Fowler, Nadine Thomson, Andy Wood appointed as Board Members to Visit England Advisory Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister formally appoints new Grenfell Inquiry panel members for Phase 2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment term extended of existing Non-Executive members of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Paul Jarvis and Ed Smyth as members of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four members reappointed to the Civil Justice Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Parole Board members announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of 48 Parole Board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two members appointed to the Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of Art MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group appoints new members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committee Members reappointed to the Advisory Committee on National Records and Archives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Azeem Akhtar, Tove Okunniwa and David Mahoney appointed as Board Members at Sport England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new members appointed to Homes England’s Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of members to the Insolvency Rules Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three new members announced for Ofqual Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Ofsted board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Neuberger and Amal Clooney announce Media Freedom Legal Panel members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister for the Cabinet Office appoints two new Members of the Boundary Commission for England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary apologises to members of Windrush generation MoD News 0