New Members - Solution and Apology

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good_CO, Sep 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There have been no new members as the site email is not working so noone could verify their accounts.

An apology to all who tried. Please try again - at the moment no email verification is needed so setting up an account is instant, and I will solve the email issue ASAP.

Finally thanks to Phil for letting me know about the problem.

2. Is that the same for email notifications that we have a PM? I haven't had any of those recently although I have had PMs

3. Yes it will be. Nothing is going out.

I have approved everyone who's tried to reister in the last 24 hours so these will now work:

desmobob
    DodgyPaddy
    historybuff
    JimDee
    Jim_Dee
    Markg
    pinkyfag
    Smircula1
    smircula44

4. Glad to have been able to help

...and since this is my first post, hello everyone

5. Finally sorted - a corruption on our HD meant that the email widget couldn't get to grips with its inbox.

Once again my apologies to those who beat their head against the keyboard trying to register, and if you're still with us to read this - thank you for bearing with it!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

'Wonder what job he does then?! 8O :lol:

7. not another babystew surely

8. Hello to all
    I am a new member and I would like to ask sincere apologies that I have not introduced myself before. No former RN service, I am ex Army but did a stint in the RNXS until we were all declared by the powers that be that we were all SNLR.
    My "claim to fame" is that I took passage back to the UK from Malta in HMS Forth prior to being joined (pressed!!) by my father into the Army at Devonport in 1960.
    Day trips at sea in HMS Scorpion, HMS Nurton and (clandestinely!) on board at the launch of HMS Leopard in 1955 at Pompey.
    I have a lot of respect for the "Grey Funnel Line" and most of my family served since the 1880s, hence the interest.
    Best wishes to all

9. You might have been an ex squaddy Forth60, but you seem to have had more sea time than some Hairy Fairies coming up for pension.
    Welcome anyway.
    2BM

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome Aboard, Forth60!

Please have a look around to get a feel for the place, and feel free to post experiences of your time in the RNXS.

You'll soon get used to the banter; and that's all it is - banter! Sometimes funny, often irritating, but rarely offensive. But if it is, just ive as good as you get... :wink:

Look forward to reading you posts in RR!

11. Just got my registration email... guess the site email is up and running again!

12. Thanks for the welcome and very much appreciated.
    P.S. Does anybody know why they closed down the RNXS? We never did get a logical answer. What did we do wrong? Or is this subject off-thread?

13. You might want to speak to always a civvy as he was ex RNXS at president i believe. You can probably PM him your details.

NB

14. Think it was a costing exercise -----budgets etc they also started to centralise the RNR aswell.

A lot of ex RNXS members started up a formation called the
    MVS [Maritime Volunteer Service] they are almost a charitable organisation but seem to have funding to allow themselves to run various
    vessels at certain Ports in the UK .
    I don't think they are MOD recognised but wear a uniform very like the
    present RN .

:nemo: :nemo: