New Matlows v old

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by CPL-SALT, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what dose every 1 think about the fact that new matlows are oviously far superior to the old right wing navy of the past
  2. Their spelling was far superior for a start, the older matelots that is. :w00t:
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Gosh, 'matelows' eh?

Are they short friends or something?
  4. See?
    Care in the community works!
  5. I think that your will find that the majority of old salts are capable of bringing
    a degree of artistic verisimilitude to your otherwise rather bald and unconvincing

But I'm prepared to be corrected.

6. No it doesn't he's stopped taking his medication again.
  7. Ahh, is that why he was asking about doses?
  8. or was that some else he acquired over the weekend?
  9. Thank you Lamri, I did wonder what that word was.
    I was just about to start Googling.

10. I like right wing. And the navy of the past - it was bigger with more runs-ashore. Noo matlows seem less respectful to their elders than we used to be. You can't give a proper bollocking or throw wheel-spanners at non-conformist stokers anymore.
    As Hig stated, we can spell too.
  11. all u ol gits its beann proven that the see is 8% rougher than it woz 10 -20 yeers ago.
    a survey has also proven that sea sikness is down 25% aswel,so i have proven that the yung pups are harder than the old uns.
  12. Well considering you've been in the Corps for 17 years as you've told us you don't act like someone who's very mature for his age.

You would actually be classed as an Old and Bold too to the raw sailors and marines joining up.

My first ship was full off source branch sailors I was one of the few OM's who joined the ship. We learnt alot from the Badgemen down the mess and on board.

As for the shite you've just written about the Sea being 8% rougher is a loud of bollocks I'm not sure what scientific programme you've watched on Cbeebies but it's completely utterly wrong.

I still work in the Maritime Industry and I've never heard of such shite.
  13. Could I have a translation please?

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ooh, like it. :thumright:

Dunno what it means, but that's going in my next RORRs report!
  15. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

a barely credible wind up.....
  16. Was that to me or Norman?
  17. modern saylors ar 8% less gulable than old saylors and you hav just proven it. :lick:
  18. Modern sailors can spell also unlike yourself.

[/close yawn]
  19. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

if you don't feed the troll, he will go way....
  20. Lol we'd like to think so, maybe in a perfect world