New look Navy Uniform

Jockroach

Badgeman
sgtpepperband said:
Seaweed: The right uniform has to be worn according to the circumstances; as someone who was a QM/Tour Guide on the Victory some years ago, I am glad that No. 1s are not worn every day on the Gangway any more. The current "Traffic Warden" rig [sic] is far more comfortable and practical. Obviously No. 1s have a place (i.e. Ceremonial duties) but the RN has to give it's personnel the right equipment - which includes day-to-day uniform - regardless of what the public would like sailors to wear.

And would one assume that was when Nelson was a boy seaman?

danny

War Hero
Nutty said:
NO one is as far as I can see suggesting you should be forced to wear a uniform that is neither practical for the job or uncomfortable. It is really a matter in this case of just how Walty is it to wear a uniform made of a camoflage pattern material with high reflectivity stipes added. One either has a need to be seen or not

Its actually commonplace for everyone to stitch reflective patches to the helmet and shirt/under osprey top, when on tour in afghan. I have even seen gurkas with the stitched to there floppy desert hats.
Its not walty its useful. There not going to reflect over any grat distance. and if the neemy is close enough to see them then the chances are they will see you any way.

danny said:
Nutty said:
NO one is as far as I can see suggesting you should be forced to wear a uniform that is neither practical for the job or uncomfortable. It is really a matter in this case of just how Walty is it to wear a uniform made of a camoflage pattern material with high reflectivity stipes added. One either has a need to be seen or not

Its actually commonplace for everyone to stitch reflective patches to the helmet and shirt/under osprey top, when on tour in afghan. I have even seen gurkas with the stitched to there floppy desert hats.
Its not walty its useful. There not going to reflect over any grat distance. and if the neemy is close enough to see them then the chances are they will see you any way.

Danny

Just a small point, it was not I that made the quote above, if you look back you may find it is atribuatable to Maxi.

Not withstanding that I actually agree with his views. If one can wear reflective material on the front line in places that face the enemy then their seems little use for any camoflage gear at all. WE could return to the days of the Thin Red Line. If you actually mean they place it on the back of helmets webbing etc so their mates behind can pick them out then say that.

Nutty

Nutty

krispy

As a snotty-in-waiting I'm standing-by for a tirade of salty seadog responses but is it not possible that some of the chaps in DPM guarding ship's gangways are FPGRM ? and therefore entitled to wear their macho camouflage gear?

What, this one?

New_US_navy_Working_Uniform1.jpg

Here being modelled by John.

D

Deleted 7

I never really liked that fleece rig they brough in, the trouser were horrid and the fleeces lost shape ater the first wash!

D

Deleted 7

RN_Commando said:
onEspecially around the arse!!

I swear the trousers shrunk, I was walking around with ankle swingers, had to keep going to stores and chaning them. They never did look as smart as the No.8's