'New look' for Royal Navy Police

Drakey said:
I just "googled it", and there it was at the top of the page.
Thats because Matelots can look at a problem, seek a solution, and sort it out all without being told to. Your average Monkey/S'drop cannot.

I am being a little partisan and unfair as I met some great lads and lasses (who happen to be very good coppers) out there and who are now very good friends, but that is the general concensus among their services.

I asked earlier, but nobody cares, do Sailors not wear ` Royal Navy` on their shoulders? If this is the case why do we need to change the writing? What part of `Royal Navy` do the public not understand?

higthepig said:
I asked earlier, but nobody cares, do Sailors not wear ` Royal Navy` on their shoulders? If this is the case why do we need to change the writing? What part of `Royal Navy` do the public not understand?
Hig

AB's now wear rank slides with 'ROYAL NAVY' written on them, generally all other ranks do not, the exception being all ranks of the Reg Branch/RN Police who now have 'RN POLICE' written below their rank insignia.

Gentlemen and Mr Swan

This is a great thread now 220 posts well 221 with mine. It has to be prodded along on occasions to keep it going.

I was Plod for many a year so I do understand the problems. Also being person who by choice only had sea drafts and having only two surface ships with crews of 150 or less and no reggies, about the only time I met one was when joining or leaving Faslane or Dolphin in the main office.

All power to your new epaulets.

Nutty xx

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Nutty: As ex-plod, I am sure that in the days of yore all personnel in Police Stations and Bridewells were Police Officers. However nowadays you will find a variety of personnel - all wearing a variation of the 'white shirt, black tie, black trousers and boots' uniform but with a selection of epaulettes (PCSOs, Custody Officers, etc.) so the emphasis on identifying who is actually a Policeman and who isn't is not necessarily confined to the Royal Navy! (Please note that I referred to 'Policemen' as the Service Police branches are, in accordance with PACE, but are not Constables (sworn in by Magistrates - apart from one or two posts overseas.)

CIA: Great post, JB...

:thumright:

Nutty said:
Gentlemen and Mr Swan

This is a great thread now 220 posts well 221 with mine. It has to be prodded along on occasions to keep it going.

I was Plod for many a year so I do understand the problems. Also being person who by choice only had sea drafts and having only two surface ships with crews of 150 or less and no reggies, about the only time I met one was when joining or leaving Faslane or Dolphin in the main office.

Nutty xx
Nutty
What about the BBQs at our place when you met Tom?
Or were we such good hosts that you forgot what he was?
Love to Chrissie
MH
xx

morsehorse said:
Nutty said:
Gentlemen and Mr Swan

Nutty xx
Nutty
What about the BBQs at our place when you met Tom?
Or were we such good hosts that you forgot what he was?
Love to Chrissie
MH
xx
Sorry Morse

Tom of course is a perfect gentleman and no doubt the kind, caring, sharing reggie that he assured me he was. My words were aimed at my time in pusser after I left the only Military Fuzz I met were in the bar of the RMP Barracks in Rochester Row, London SW1 a well know drinking hole for the local Plod.

Hope to share a ale or two soon with Tom.

Nutty

Sapphire said:
:hello1: Most Monkeys and Snowdrops never got the reference, even though some of them know me and my user name which I use on most sites. Thick as..... :banghead:

CIA

What are Monkeys and Snowdrops?[/quote]

Monkeys = Royal Military Police
Snowdrops = RAF Police

Hope that helps

CIA

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bollotom The Gash Barge 12
Seaweed The Quarterdeck 20
Good_CO Site Issues 0