Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Joiners what its really like.

Kyle.L.19

Lantern Swinger
Hey guys

Im in my 6th weeks now at Raleigh , just enjoying a well deserved 2 weeks leave!! loving every minute of it hahah :).

So yes if you have any questions about what happens in each week , or any problems or queries im sure i can help you out!

Kyle.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Do you have to get up early?
What type of iron works best, will I have room to stow my ironing board in my locker?
Will my Fireman Sam pyjamas be looked on as odd?
Will there be enough plugs/electrical outlets for me to be able to charge my Mobi, iPod, Blackberry and use my hairdryer at the same time?
I'm 17 and 3/4 and have a fake ID that works in my hometown, will I be able to drink beer with my 18 year old classmates?
Will I really have to work 6 weeks before I get any leave? 8O

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Oi CNUTS!! I was serious.!! I'm having sleepless nights worrying about this, only just got over my Recruitment Test, PJFT, Medical, Interview and Psychometric Test anxiety attacks.
I passed BTW and my entry date is Feb 29th next year. I'm going in as DoW (SM) (Dhobi Wallah, Submariner. The most exclusive Branch in the RN.) can't wait for the adventure to begin weeehoooo!!

Stripey_G

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Oi CNUTS!! I was serious.!! I'm having sleepless nights worrying about this, only just got over my Recruitment Test, PJFT, Medical, Interview and Psychometric Test anxiety attacks.
I passed BTW and my entry date is Feb 29th next year. I'm going in as DoW (SM) (Dhobi Wallah, Submariner. The most exclusive Branch in the RN.) can't wait for the adventure to begin weeehoooo!!

Now, now, I do think you're taking the piss!! Let's be serious on this , OK?? 8O :lol: :lol:

stirling2

Banned
NZ_Bootneck said:

...psychometric was spelt correctly, cnut :roll:

Harris921

Midshipman
2 Weeks leave? I would rather do a straight 9 weeks than get 2 weeks off half way through? Is this the same for everyone or just because his training has fell over easter?

I have a question actually, do you have to shave against the grain everyday during basic or is everyday WITH THE GRAIN acceptable?

jimjimjimjim

Badgeman
through

just because of leave

and you will have to have a chin like babys arse every single day no matter how you achieve this!

Leatherland_NJ

Midshipman
I had to go 5 working days before getting 2 weeks shore leave in December.

Joined 14th December, broke up for 2 weeks on 19th of December.

stirling said:
NZ_Bootneck said:

...psychometric was spelt correctly, cnut :roll:

That's a thurst!

I think it's outragous that pre-sailors should be forced to rise early. Surely in these enlikened days they should have a lie in till 0900 when the Cooks will bring them a nice cup of hot tea and hot buttered toast in a silver toast rack.

Outraged of John O'Groats

Seems they get up at the crack of sparrows these days. I'm sure it was 0645 like the rest of the RN when I was in basic.
Gently awoken but the rythmic tapping of a large stick on the government issued (also used in prisons and mental asylums) iron bed frame..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
colinmc400 Is the wealth of on line information a help or hindrance for new joiners? Joining the Royal Navy 25
B New Joiners (Seaman Apprentice) Jan 2018 RFA 4
E NEW JOINERS RFA 4
B London RNR joiners Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
W New Joiners - Pay and allowances questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 126
jimmyglobal Re-Joiners decisions decisions! The Corps 14
Gazza82 AET & ACH Basic info for new joiners The Fleet Air Arm 85
S New joiners and guests The Gash Barge 113
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS Grant Shapps: new ‘On Time’ statistics will stop masking whether trains are really on time MoD News 0
Coggie Really old photos History 1
C Really upset, and i dont know what to do??? Joining the Royal Navy 5
superpom Mmmmmm.....really? Diamond Lil's 84
Antonio555 How much will i really earn? CIS submariner Joining the Royal Navy 8
SONAR-BENDER I'm a Girl Guide! No, REALLY! I am! Diamond Lil's 13
ws1602 What is it really like? Joining the Royal Navy 7
Mess Webly Time What's it really like in the RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
B If these are Navy Leaders, we really are sunk The Gash Barge 91
SONAR-BENDER REALLY been stabbed in the back Diamond Lil's 3
slim Was the RN really better in the Old Farts Day? Diamond Lil's 102
S Navy Nursing, whats it really like?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
SONAR-BENDER Has Argentina REALLY lost the plot? Diamond Lil's 4
PompeyPusser Is this really the best we can do? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 125
blueschill A Chinese 3000mph Super Sub!? Really??? Current Affairs 13
stan_the_man They really know how to get things right in Cornwall fcuking Pointy Heads Diamond Lil's 19
M What being is a Medical assistant general service really like? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S HMS RALEIGH; What is it really like? The Fleet 83
Siannn. Just some really slightly tipsy daft stuff that I need to get off my chest... Diamond Lil's 76
fails_as_is Duty watch really turned to under the glory shower here... The Gash Barge 2
S What's life in the RN REALLY like? (please be honest) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
2 Worked on a gash barge but it wasn't really what I had pictured.... The Gash Barge 28
MG Maniac Proof beer goggles really do work! Diamond Lil's 20
LaurenMc What really pisses me off Diamond Lil's 52
frogman007 Footballers really are Poxy queens The Quarterdeck 8
witsend Do you really want to join up? Diamond Lil's 13
wave_dodger Is this really newsworthy? Current Affairs 9
M Is it really that bad? Current Affairs 30
Magda Films you really don't like (but actually do). Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 6
Rumrat Their really trying Diamond Lil's 33
stan_the_man The day I really did shit myself Diamond Lil's 11
janner Says it all really Diamond Lil's 1
markbsac no more to be said really :-) Current Affairs 14
The_Caretaker Really Funny Miscellaneous 0
B Really bad headaches after exercise, any ideas? Health & Fitness 15
T What CAS really thinks of Fast Jet aircrew The Gash Barge 7
G What is life really like in the marines? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Financial Times: "Is The Royal Navy Really Necessary?" Current Affairs 7
finknottle Are they really that stupid? Current Affairs 68
otherguy just a hello really Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
NotmeChief How it Really Is The Quarterdeck 4