New joiners and guests

What a wild ride on this web site I have had thhis past week. Did not realize that so many in England had such bad feelings towards Americans. I do not return that feeling. I believe that all military veterans, especially those that have gone to war, share common ground. Political disagreements are just universal. Even a man and his wife may not agree politically but they will not part over it. Anyway I will not be leaving because I have witnessed a few vulgar people on here. The spccer coach at the high school where I teach is from Grimsby England and he told me not to be alarmed at the vulgar language. Says it is quite common there. So I will not take offence at any but will not engage in it, well maybe a little for sport. This man from texas, and I am not a yankee, enjoys controversy. So I will continue to have fun here. Of course unless the moderator throw me out.

Well usually more referred to as Football ; as for being vulgar--well happens everywhere-----no more so than some of the hollywood films,--it rubs off!

msgsmiley said:
What a wild ride on this web site I have had thhis past week. Did not realize that so many in England had such bad feelings towards Americans.
I've always thought that Americans and Brits are like Sailors and Marines, always quarreling and playing the "one-upmanship" game. That is, until a soldier gets involved, then it's two against one.

In this case, I suppose the "soldiers" would be the French. Have a Frog pop in and start talking sh*t and it would be a gang rape.... :D

No bad feelings here at all--Msg, in fact a little of the opposite, this modern day interpretation of the English language is often to blame anyway!

Originally checked this site out about a year ago, found it v quiet and a bit tame - despite being outside for just over 10 years I still work and keep in touch with a number of former shipwrecks, so it didn't seem to offer me anything above that...

However, during the Iran debacle, saw flashes of the old (v cutting) Naval humour that kept me going during many a long Jeff... and decided to join.

Not being fully conversant with all these web acronyms (Opsigs maybe!) but some of the Iran remarks nearly made me PMSL...

The site works because every matelot/booty, serving or otherwise, loves to spin a good dit - whether it is theirs or not!

Hopefully, when the interest from the press dies; we'll be left with just that and the messdeck banter will continue.

INT QSL K

I agree about the Hollywood films. I attend very little of them as those people are quite taken with themselves. They think that gutter language is what occurs between the sexes all the time. They live in a bubble and when it bursts they cannot handle it.

What do most in England think about the ragheads and their so called religion of peace? One thing I learned in my military career was that you should always know your enemy. since 9/11 I have done extensive research on Islam and find it quite a distrubing way of life. I no longer classify it as a religion but now see it as a way of life for the ragheads. It is the outcome of ignorant non educated people and developed into a way of life, not a true religion. The jew says I will die for my belief. The christian says I will die for my belief. The Muslim says you will die for my belief. What kind of shit is that?

wet_blobby

War Hero
This is the wrong forum for this so if any Mods want to move it, please do so.

I cant speak for everyone in England Msgsmiley but I to find Islam a strange religion, if you look back in History you will find many examples of Muslim tolerance, take the era of the crusades. The so called civilised Christian armies would routinly kill everyone after sacking a muslim city, there are many examples of the muslim armies pardoning there captives and not resorting to mindless blood orgies when the captured a city.

Also, what we regard as the core Islamic region of the world, I.E, the middle east was always ahead of the west in terms of the arts, medicine, astrology etc....what happened? I dont know, but I reckon they have been dragged backwards by ruling dictatorial dynastys and religious fundamentalism.

Seem to have drifted off the original subject somewhat - but to get back on track. I personally had never heard of this website till I saw it referenced on SkyNews (HMS Cornwall zzzzzz saga) - had a look and found it to be amusing, interesting, nostalgic and full of (what appears) to be like minded folks - so joined. I've been out of the Navy since 1981 and have since settled into a career/life in "civvy street" (do they still call it that). Still hanker after the old days though and when I get together with my fellow ex deeps we review our past through rose tinted glasses. This site brings back memories so I'll be staying as a member even once the first flush of enthusiasm has passed.

chieftiff

War Hero
msgsmiley said:
What do most in England think
You are way off thread here and inappropriate, if you want to start a racist rant then start a new thread on it, see how many seconds it lasts!

Incidentally is this you: Shipped with unit in August 66 on USS Barret Unit I served with in Vietnam Co B 2nd 34th Armor 1st Infantry Division If it is you might want to know your details are freely available on the net, you might want to edit that!

msgsmiley said:
What do most in England think about the ragheads and their so called religion of peace? One thing I learned in my military career was that you should always know your enemy. since 9/11 I have done extensive research on Islam and find it quite a distrubing way of life. I no longer classify it as a religion but now see it as a way of life for the ragheads. It is the outcome of ignorant non educated people and developed into a way of life, not a true religion. The jew says I will die for my belief. The christian says I will die for my belief. The Muslim says you will die for my belief. What kind of shit is that?
Obvious you were researching some one's arse, you have everything you wrote VERY VERY wrong in this post. I'd suggest some intensive back to junior school work for your warped little mind.

Now back on subject...........................

Interesting reactions. The word Islam means submitt. The founding of the so called religion took place 500 years after the death of Christ. In the Koran it is plain about killing infidals. Also in the history of the Arab peoples you will find the genesis of the Shia versus Sunni argument. Religions come from all races and have mixed around the world for thousands of years so discussing religion is not racist. Discussing the products of so called religions is fair game. The Jews and Christians have their own history to deal with. I know a bit more on this subject than most of the replies on here indicate. If it is something not up for discussion so be it. But would someone name the advance in medicine from the middle east, the advances in engineering from there? What you are seeing before you eyes is a true theocracy that relagates half of it's brain power, their women, to the trash bin. Why is it they refuse to honor any other culture but demand you bow to theirs? Big problems folks with no easy answers.

msgsmiley said:
"Ignorant" wow talk about calling the kettle black... :roll:

What I also find amazing is Wiggy posting that he found this site rather tame and was glad for it spicing up. I agree with him. Also amazing is the names I have been called as an American Army Vietnam Veteran on here. A hell of a lot worse than "raghead". Wiggy has it right, if the subject is not interesting it becomes boring.

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn"t thinking." Gen Patton

msgsmiley said:
What I also find amazing is Wiggy posting that he found this site rather tame and was glad for it spicing up. I agree with him. Also amazing is the names I have been called as an American Army Vietnam Veteran on here. A hell of a lot worse than "raghead". Wiggy has it right, if the subject is not interesting it becomes boring.

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn"t thinking." Gen Patton
I think your missing the point here sunshine....most of what you have been called on here are actually endearments, it's just the UK way, however the term you used to describe a middle eastern person or for that matter, all those between Greece and China is a a racial slur...think about it... :roll:

chieftiff

War Hero
msgsmiley said:
Interesting reactions.
Probably the best place to discuss your "views" is somewhere like faithfreedom.org, there you can join in with their ill informed and twisted view of the Middle East and its history (I found their views on Islamic mathematics particularly pathetic). Regardless of that this is not the thread to discuss it, this is site issues!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B RFA 4
A Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Harry Von UPO/Careers Office 16