New Jap carrier ..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Seaweed, Mar 26, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Also, 'huge boat'!
  3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Oddly CVS like, do we not feel that we missed an Ebay opportunity?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I notice that they're only reffered to as soldiers when carrying guns. Obvisouly that confused him
  5. No arrester wires so looking like they are reverting to Kamikaze pilots and aircraft:rolleyes:
  6. "No arrester wires so looking like they are reverting to Kamikaze pilots and aircraft"

Um. Bit like the Queen Elizabeth class, then?
  7. Not really, they've got aircraft and pilots!!
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Not on carriers they haven't. However, I suspect that that will change with the Izumo Class over the next decade.

The JSDF are impressively well equipped, exceptionally professional and share many security concerns with us. Flip a map of Japan upside down and there are remarkable similarities to ourselves. Scary neighbours one side with your primary ally a long way away across the water. The only difference is that their scary neighbours are closer and even less predictable.

The Izumo Class 'DDG(H)' look very nice ships and, like the RAN's Canberra LHDs, are technically capable of carrying F-35B. It'll be a very big step. However, I predict that Japan will procure F-35B as a follow on from the F-35As it's already ordered.

• Like Like x 2