new here

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Tom22, Jan 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I was due to join the army a year ago but had to pull out six weeks before phase one, for personal reasons. I have kept fit since then, I have been looking at now trying for the marines, would I be able to apply? I'm fit can do a mile and a half in 8 minutes.

2. no, I'm just wondering as I applyied for the army before had a place in training but had to pull out 6 weeks before phase 1 for personal reasones. Will the let me apply for the armed forces again?

3. Well done sjrm how you spotted that I'll never know, his or her response to your comment is what gave it away for me.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  4. is tom22 not who they say they are??

5. Is tom22 not who they say they are??

Sorry technical fault didn't mean to duplicate

6. I am just wondering because I had to withdraw my application from the army 6 weeks before basics, if this will affect my application at all? This was just over a year ago.

7. Well this is turning into quite the mystery!

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Err...What am I supposed to be looking for in these posts?

Confused of NZ...

9. if you are who you say you are, then yes you can .
    if you are who everyone else is saying who you are, **** off and become a cadet instructor.

10. That's a bit harsh, coming from someone who has been on here next to no time, and is a mere civvy. As a rule, on this site, we don't normally swear outside of the Diamond Lil's forum, so why don't you either **** off to Diamond Lil's or **** off away from this site. And when you get there, **** off some more.

11. As long as you can convince the AFCO Bods that your 'personal reasons' won't crop up again, I don't see why you shouldn't give it a go.

If you are Gemma 23 can I have your phone number and a pic with your chebs out?

12. Gemma 23 would be 87 years old:rabbit:

13. You, J_C, should be ashamed of yourself - 'Twas not so long ago ago you were wearing a v. big 'Be Kind To Newbies' hat and now you have jumped into bed with the Conspirators. Tch Tch.

:roll:

14. No doubt you'll keep this going for as long as you did with the JD egg on face fiasco.
    Get out a bit more.:sleepy3:

15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You have a problem with these people?

16. Clearly you have never had the benefit of having positive role model in your life to teach you one of the most important lessons of life: don't knock it till you have tried it. If you go through life not experiencing new things because of misguided preconceptions then you will lead a very dull and boring lifestyle. Here are some of the benefits of being a cadet instructor listed for you:

Free CRB check which opens more job opportunities
    Free First aid which gives you that something extra when employers have to choose between you and the other person for a promotion or job offer.
    Free sports i.e. kayaking, climbing, sailing etc
    Free qualifications I am studying RYA powerboat level one and two at the moment which is an internationally recognised qualification.
    You get to listen to the made up crap cadets come out with and it's mostly funny i.e. one cadet was trying to convince another he had a fivesome with quadruplet blondes.

Most importantly you see those hoody wearing knobends with baseball caps who have little in the way of a future because they are too busy getting stoned and vandalising your car or the bus shelter. Well all you have to do is approach them invite them and their mates down to the unit. Show them they can have a laugh and it's not school so they will be treated like young adults, whilst learning useful skills like CV writing and interview techniques. Then after about six months you will see them gradually growing up into respectful young men/women with a good future and your neighbourhood will improve.

Or you can do what everyone else does and sit on the sofa doing **** all, moaning about the youth of today.

I am fairly new to the cadet scene but I am sure Blackrat who is more experienced could expand on the above.

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A quality comment, well done Joe. :happy8:

18. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To be honest, i'm just curious to see what his beef with cadet instructors is. I mean, they are all a bunch of walting paedos are they not? :roll: