New here ;)

Hello all :) I’m 17 and have my interview and medical both coming up for the RN in the next two weeks and I’m going in as a sea spec. I chose sea spec because I want to be involved in actual seamanship( obviously) and like most other teenagers, want to operate smaller calliber weapons on ship :)) I’m hoping to serve for 6-8 years as a sea spec if I can and then joining the RM after my service, would I be able to do that ? May seem a retarded question

Faded

Badgeman
If you wanted to join the marines you'd have to leave the Navy and start training from Day 1 again. Unless you meant the All Arms Commando Course?

Was meaning after I left the navy, I’m assuming if I did the training the answer would be yes, I’d only be 25 after 8 years of service

Faded

Badgeman
Yes you can join the RM after leaving the navy. Question is why though? If RM is the overall aim why not join from the start?

Because I’m interested in both being a sailor and a bootneck, so why not do both at some point in my life, if I’m young right now there’s nothing really stopping me doing both as long as I keep on the ball with phys while in the RN, and RM isn’t my end goal, just something I’d be interested in if I had the opportunity to go for it

Faded

Badgeman
Join the Corps and go LC if you want the best of both worlds.

Of course there is nothing stopping you doing both but personally I think its best the join RM as young as possible as this will give you the flexibility in getting into your desired spec and the rest of your career. It's fine to join at 25 though.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There is no reason why you shouldn't join the RM but you would be starting from scratch in the joining routine not switching over,

Wightsparker

War Hero
That's it head blown, going to have a bacon butty?
Already had them for brunch.

For the OP; my comment about Seadog's post re Kipling was simply connected to the fact that on my laptop "Soldier an' Sailor too" was slightly corrupted with the letter"i" replacing each apostrophe . Almost a different language!

Sumo

War Hero
Already had them for brunch.

For the OP; my comment about Seadog's post re Kipling was simply connected to the fact that on my laptop "Soldier an' Sailor too" was slightly corrupted with the letter"i" replacing each apostrophe . Almost a different language!
just like me then, I almost speak a language?

Latest Threads