New Generation a/c

Wow, my first view of the new a/c this morning.
About 100 ft. above me, on its way to our local range in SW Wales.
If I was a terrorist it would scare the living daylights out of me.

Saw it again this morning. Don't know where it came from, but it was a P2 Lightning. Either American/RAF/RN or manufacturers.
You read it first here. If it comes over tomorrow I'll video it.

barny006

Lantern Swinger
I can remember the P.O. WAFU who shared a 6 berth cabin in Invincible in his pit in the a'noon because of Night flying so we watch keepers kept the noise down,I changed for early supper as I had the First and he was sound asleep , came off the first, he woke jammed a bar of in flight nutty in his head,muttered something about night flying cancelled, I meanwhile next morning turned to and got, changed early for lunch he was still fast asleep but woke up as I changed after completing the a'noon watch.the cheeky bastard gave me a bollocking for not shaking him for lunch.Too Quote Mr Meldrew I did not believe it.

I can remember the P.O. WAFU who shared a 6 berth cabin in Invincible in his pit in the a'noon because of Night flying so we watch keepers kept the noise down,I changed for early supper as I had the First and he was sound asleep , came off the first, he woke jammed a bar of in flight nutty in his head,muttered something about night flying cancelled, I meanwhile next morning turned to and got, changed early for lunch he was still fast asleep but woke up as I changed after completing the a'noon watch.the cheeky bastard gave me a bollocking for not shaking him for lunch.Too Quote Mr Meldrew I did not believe it.
Now that is one Wafu who was completely in charge of his life.

Still waiting for @GannetAEWman to explain what a new generation P2 Lightning is?

Or is he talking about the Lightning II?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II
Yes.
ATM it is the new generation a/c for the FAA (among others) and I initially heard it called the P2 Lightning.
Does that make my first post on this website plain to you?
BTW I only spend a few minutes a day on message boards. That's why you've been waiting for the reply.
Apparently the 2 I saw yesterday morning were the A variant.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tas-ape Diamond Lil's 0
chinamatelot The Gash Barge 4
B Submariners 26