New Film About Veterans

#1
Century Films are an independent TV company who have been commissioned by Channel 4 to make a special feature-length documentary about veterans.

Through the stories of ordinary ex-servicemen and women, the film will look at what it is like to be a veteran of conflict and the psychological difficulties some veterans experience fitting back into civilian life.

As part of our research we are are keen to speak to veterans of all conflicts, from World War II through to The Falklands, and right up to the current conflict in Iraq.

If you are interested it talking to us (without any obligation to take part in the film) or if you would like to find out more, please email us at [email protected] or call us on 020 7378 6106.

Rum Ration site admin have kindly given us permission to post on this forum.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#2
Hmmmmn, now there's an opportunity too good to miss. Falklands you say? How long have you got? Wonder if the payout is as much as that for being taken hostage in Iran?
 

ronalder

Lantern Swinger
#3
Ninja_Stoker said:
Hmmmmn, now there's an opportunity too good to miss. Falklands you say? How long have you got? Wonder if the payout is as much as that for being taken hostage in Iran?
Now that IS a nasty cynical question! Fancy denigrating our latest heroes and of course our glamourous heroine like that! Some of WW2 veterans may have lost all their kit along with their ships in the Battle of the Atlantic, and what is that compared with the loss of an I pod, and suffering some name calling? Tut TuT, ninja!
 
#4
Cynical as you may be, it is important that veterans do help in the making of these documentaries, one for factual accuracy through the level of information provided and secondly because the country needs to be made aware that serving ones country and surviving is not the be all and end all of it.

I recently heard the expression used of the 'long tail', referring to the tail of a comet. In terms of military casualties, do not look at the news head lines, but the 'long tail' of personnel who will return to civilian life physically and mentally scarred. With all the recent conflicts the increasing amount of time being deployed on active tours, there are going to be even more PTSD 'casualties'.

Help the programme makers with their documentaries, and help your comrades of the past, present and future to get the help they need, through awareness campaigns and programmes.
 
#5
Still the problem of those still serving needing permissions for this type of thing. I wouldn't want any one getting grief for it. Those who have already left can say what they like.

SF
 
#7
Thank you to everyone who has posted on Rum Ration in response to the information about our film. Since we originally posted we have now completed the film, and it is likely to be shown later this year (date not yet confirmed). Thanks for your interest and we hope you feel the final film will do the subject justice.

Century Films Ltd.
 
#8
CenturyFilms said:
Thank you to everyone who has posted on Rum Ration in response to the information about our film. Since we originally posted we have now completed the film, and it is likely to be shown later this year (date not yet confirmed). Thanks for your interest and we hope you feel the final film will do the subject justice.

Century Films Ltd.
Damn!! And I was cleaning my medals to put on my bus drivers uniform!!!
 
#12
i think our guys and girls taken hostage in Iran where a credit to the Service, i hope poeple will accept they acted in a honourable way, I certainly think they did ,whether you where in the Falklands or not (i was) remeber the fear they must have felt,they are our comrades,lets support them not abuse them , they did there duty im proud of them when i fought in the Falklands just dont forget PTSD
 
#13
One_M said:
Cynical as you may be, it is important that veterans do help in the making of these documentaries, one for factual accuracy through the level of information provided and secondly because the country needs to be made aware that serving ones country and surviving is not the be all and end all of it.

I recently heard the expression used of the 'long tail', referring to the tail of a comet. In terms of military casualties, do not look at the news head lines, but the 'long tail' of personnel who will return to civilian life physically and mentally scarred. With all the recent conflicts the increasing amount of time being deployed on active tours, there are going to be even more PTSD 'casualties'.

Help the programme makers with their documentaries, and help your comrades of the past, present and future to get the help they need, through awareness campaigns and programmes.
For what it's worth I think, filmed and produced correctly, it could be a good thing. At the moment there is still this idea that, because the type of conflict is the way it is, troops won't get PTSD. There is this stigma that, because the fighting isn't as (for want of a better word) 'intense' as it was in the Falklands, anyone who gets it is "Soft."

I know nothing of PTSD except this "WE OWE IT TO THOSE WHO SERVE OUR GREAT NATION TO PROVIDE THEM THE TREATMENT THEY DESERVE!" and if this programme raises awareness (for the troops as well as us Civvies), and shows PTSD is not just something you acquire when fighting cheek to jaw with the enemy, then I'm all for it.


Armchair Hero
 
#14
Backpacker1uk said:
CenturyFilms said:
Thank you to everyone who has posted on Rum Ration in response to the information about our film. Since we originally posted we have now completed the film, and it is likely to be shown later this year (date not yet confirmed). Thanks for your interest and we hope you feel the final film will do the subject justice.

Century Films Ltd.
Damn!! And I was cleaning my medals to put on my bus drivers uniform!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#16
uniqueseason.com said:
Hello friends, These stories are repeat once more. Please share with new and hot story. Ex service man not only a character in this film. I suggest you use common people watch and they believe in film.

Thanks
Please put that into plain English so that it can be understood. Thank you.
 

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
#17
Backpacker1UK: Hello mate remember me from HMS Belfast when you visited, assuming I have the right backpacker chappy, nice to see you and I hope you enjoyed your visit.....cya later..
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top