New Employment Law and Retirement Ages

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by letthecatoutofthebag, Sep 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1234567890
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  2. MoD playing by the rules?, ("minister I believe an opt out clause should be put in place asap") dream on cat.
  3. If MoD gets held over the barrel on this one we could see all the shore-jobs been done by the old and salty. The result been that our first 22 years would be served entirely at sea. You can't have 65yr olds at sea so what other solution would their be(?)

I agree with Raider though. There'll be a get-out-clause. If there wasn't we'd have had pusser's greys with wheelchair ramps by now.
  4. Shit im off to sign back up!should get a commission for being an RGN!!!!
  5. I'd go in again if the wages weren't so shite..
  6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Just like in the Working Time Directive - I'm sure there will be a get out clause somewhere but will only apply to Government departments - got to make sure that those that govern aren't affected by the rules for everyone else after all!
  7. Apparently MOD is exempt for this rule.

You can be a fireman at 65, but not in the forces.
  8. Im with ling on that pay a decent wage and they might retain the best and brightest

pay peanuts get monkeys

pay peanut shells get thick monkeys
  9. I have heard a whisper (from a reliable source) that the retirement age of RNR types is being raised from 55 to 60.
  10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Just another way of improving retention :)

I already know of one CPO who is on an extension of service beyond his 55th birthday.
  11. Used to be a lot of billets for some of the Chief Tiffs being offered non continuous service --wearing uniform --or being taken on as civilian PTO and basically doing the same job in a shore billet.

Bad news is as someone mentioned-- a shore base requirement draft and home time will become less --more sea time for the boys!!

TF I am shoreside --the pension is ace!!
  12. No problem with age in the forces or police as long as those concerned can pass the required medicals and fitness test
    Most of the time (I DID SAY MOST) age = experience and knowledge