New Doctor Who?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Heard something on the radio a couple of days ago too, perhaps theres some truth behind it?
  3. Tennant has suppressed his Jock accent for the Who part. I'm not sure regeneration requires acquisition of a new accent beyond the expected voice change. Will yer man Nesbitt be up to suppressing his accent? It'd be bloody funny if the "new" Daleks acquired a Rev Paisley accent!
  4. I for one hope not, I'm not a lover of Nesbitt and think that if he DOES take on the role, it will be a case of jumping on the bandwagon of a resurgence in popularity of Dr Who, not for acting per se.
  5. I wasn't overjoyed when I got this news but not on grounds of accent - I love Irish accents actually, north and south - but just because I don't particularly fancy him. More interesting (to me) actually is the debate about who will be the first woman Doctor ... now there's a thought ... any suggestions??????????

:icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream: :icescream:
  6. My personal favourite Edwina Currie :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
  7. Dr Ruth
  8. I think they're just going for whoever is in the latest BBC sitcom, series, stand up show etc.

How about a complete break of character type and go for Johnny Vegas or Peter Kay (as Brian Potter) for the New Dr Who?

9. mmm nice one ... Johnny Vegas ... oh yesss

10. And I thought it was going to be Tony Blair.

Perhaps Uncle Albert should audition to be the new Doctor's glamarous, charming, assistant?