New Director of Service Prosecutions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by thingy, Mar 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Armed Forces: Director of Service Prosecutions

The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Defence (Baroness Taylor of Bolton): My right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Defence (Des Browne) has made the following Written Ministerial Statement.

I am pleased to announce that Bruce Houlder QC has been appointed to the new post of Director of Service Prosecutions.

The appointment of the Director of Service Prosecutions is an important step towards the full implementation of the Armed Forces Act 2006, which will for the first time provide a single system of service law for all three of our Armed Forces when it comes into effect in January 2009.

Mr Houlder will take up post in May and will have a comprehensive induction prior to taking up his full prosecutorial role when the new Service Prosecuting Authority comes into effect in January 2009, replacing the three existing single service prosecuting authorities.

Mr Houlder has a wealth of experience in the civilian criminal justice system and was made a Queen's Counsel in 1994.

Lords Hansard: 19 March 2008, Col.WS39

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The law is blind - jurisprudence can be transposed to any legal field, Service Law included.

4. Now, now.... he's very nice. :) :) :) He'd make an excellent head of the legal profession.

My tutor at Birkbeck knows him.... she has experience in the Forces, and I've read his articles on interesting legal topics which would not interest you ruffy tuffy types. :dwarf:

5. She's nice too! ;) :lol: