Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

New destroyer is linked to city

Fletch said:
exile1 said:
I see they are not going to use Dainty or Diana [old Daring class DD names] probably because they don't sound 'manly enough' but are going to use Dauntless which was the WRNS training establishment :lol:

Perhaps she'll be the first to be fully "manned" by the distaff side with a Jenny Skipper. Wonder whatever happened to Lt. Sue Moore the first female skipper (HMS Dasher - Bristol URNU) in the mob. (who I had the pleasure of entertaining aboard my own boat in Calais way back in '99, I think it was !!!!). Nice girl and VERY tiny !!!

:lol:

yeah i met her in Hong Kong, she was drafted to us from BRNC for a short training period on the Peacock. Seemed ok and like you say not heard of her since her stint in command of the dasher

exile1 said:
I see they are not going to use Dainty or Diana [old Daring class DD names] probably because they don't sound 'manly enough' but are going to use Dauntless which was the WRNS training establishment :lol:

In the modern mixed-gender Andrew I should have thought that manly names were less imperative. In fact, perhaps we could see Flower Class reinstituted with another HMS Pansy :| and to encourage UA recruits, an HMS Teddy Bear - though that is perhaps going too far! :lol:

Latest Threads