New deployment

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Waspie, Oct 8, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 820 NAS and there ASW Merlins to deploy on RFA Argus to Sierra Leone in support of the ebola scare.

Good luck guys, I think I'd rather go on ops in the sand than that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice one, but wouldn't the new junglie ones be more effective? Moving stuff around etc? Or do they have to be sailorised first?

ASW?

I know the average bubblehead has an issue with cleanliness however I think ebola's a bit harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I imagine they will strip out the ASW kit. Anyone know if ASW Merlins are modular in regards to their ASW suite?
    The other half of 820 is going to sandy climes!!!

4. You can remove lots from the back of a merlin if necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm not saying they shoudnt be sent to deal with EBOLA just that I'm glad it's not me.

6. By all appearances, it's the 21st Century leprosy. It seems that it's only transmittable through direct contact with bodily fluids or contaminated clothing. So all that NBCD training and kitting might turn out to be useful then.

7. For now, I think the real worry is a mutation occurring.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 820 are from Cornwall, that is a possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. If the daily mails experts say its spread by air it must be true. I know I quoted wikipedia in another thread earlier (I was happy with what was being quoted) but the daily mail might as well be the sunday sport.

• Like Like x 1
  10. They don't say it is, they say experts warn that we shouldn't just assume that it will always be passed on by touch, rather that we should think about what happens if it does mutate into an airborne disease.

• Like Like x 1