New defector to the Brotherhood

Today I made the decision to leave the Fleet Air Arm after 20 years and join the Submarine Service as a MESM Officer.

I look forward to meeting a whole new bunch of people and beginning a second life as a Submariner, and I hope that a WAFU can be accepted into the "brotherhood" with the minimum of nause. Reckon I'll be the only Nuclear Watchkeeper with 16 years on Harrier, 4 years on Merlin and full Fleet Air Arm Association membership!

The Hunter has become the Hunted.

off_les_aura said:
Today I made the decision to leave the Fleet Air Arm after 20 years and join the Submarine Service as a MESM Officer.

I look forward to meeting a whole new bunch of people and beginning a second life as a Submariner, and I hope that a WAFU can be accepted into the "brotherhood" with the minimum of nause. Reckon I'll be the only Nuclear Watchkeeper with 16 years on Harrier, 4 years on Merlin and full Fleet Air Arm Association membership!

You'll find out what it feels like to be succesful for a change. :lol:

I'll get a 12 year commission when I leave Dartmouth next year which will take me through to 49 if I do the full term. My plan is to get my training done (about 2 years), do one boat (3 years) and then see how it goes - I've already done 20 years as a Rating and that gets carried over as pensionable time. Officers only need to do 16 years for a pension so I'm already in the zone. Nothing to lose really.

off_les_aura said:

"Jesus Christ", Spence are you Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Book Club 0
G The Fleet 60