New defector to the Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by off_les_aura, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today I made the decision to leave the Fleet Air Arm after 20 years and join the Submarine Service as a MESM Officer.

I look forward to meeting a whole new bunch of people and beginning a second life as a Submariner, and I hope that a WAFU can be accepted into the "brotherhood" with the minimum of nause. Reckon I'll be the only Nuclear Watchkeeper with 16 years on Harrier, 4 years on Merlin and full Fleet Air Arm Association membership!

The Hunter has become the Hunted.
  2. You'll find out what it feels like to be succesful for a change. :lol:
  3. How long will you be serving on the boats before time's up?
  4. I'll get a 12 year commission when I leave Dartmouth next year which will take me through to 49 if I do the full term. My plan is to get my training done (about 2 years), do one boat (3 years) and then see how it goes - I've already done 20 years as a Rating and that gets carried over as pensionable time. Officers only need to do 16 years for a pension so I'm already in the zone. Nothing to lose really.
  5. I already had a go at the boss today - I said I'll only be worried when he can actually get a Merlin in the air haha! The worm has turned!
  6. You need to change that signature thingy at the bottom of all you're posts now, too... ;)
  7. Yeah, gimme a pointer will you? I couldn't work out how to edit it....
  8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Ahhhhh, I knew you would all see the light. :wink: Good luck!!!!
  9. Your new signature:

God made Submariners in His own image and likeness.

10. "Jesus Christ", Spence are you Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Good luck then mate, remember not to fart too much, pretty cramped down there I'm told ;)
  13. Who's pat?