New company pledges more support to help ex-service personnel start up in business

I've been asked to post this by X-Forces:

x-forces said:
A new company stepped up to the plate last week to help Service Leavers, after a Ministerial committee reviewing the Armed Forces Covenant decided that more needs to be done to help our veterans start their own businesses if they wish to do so. It is called X-Forces Ltd and will bring an exciting additional dimension to the Transition programme for Service Leavers. It will also provide support to military spouses, reservists, veterans, and cadets over the age of 18.

X-Forces’ Founder and Chief Executive Officer – Ms Ren Kapur – explained that she wants X-Forces to provide a more active support package – “a robust handrail to business success” she called it – which will help each individual to fulfil their aspirations whilst also supporting the national strategy for growth of the economy. “We are offering a comprehensive programme, which starts with a basic assessment of each applicant’s capabilities in relation to business management and then progresses through the mentored production of a business plan, finance approval and plan implementation, all with mentoring support. We are also going to help each new XF start-up find their first customer or client. To make this easier, we plan to set up a wide-ranging and vibrant XF Online Community to allow the naturally supportive aspects of being in the wider Services community to be exploited most effectively to build sustainable businesses”. Ms Kapur went on to say that she was enormously impressed by the very positive encouragement she has received in setting the company up and for the support provided by the major Service charities.

Lord Young, the Prime Minister’s Business Enterprise advisor in No 10, was delighted with the Committee’s decision, which reinforced his commitment to economic growth through the Start-Up loans programme. He said:
I want our ex-Service personnel the best of the best to be given every opportunity to move from the battlefield in to their own boardroom, if that is what they want to do.

A career in the Armed Forces provides the skills and experience that cannot be gained anywhere else and the expertise that this can bring to business is a great asset to the UK, as we compete in the global race.”

The Minister for Business and Enterprise, the Rt. Hon Michael Fallon MP, also supports what X-Forces Ltd is doing: “X-Forces supports the Government’s drive to build a culture of enterprise. The scheme recognises the skills that Service personnel can bring to business. X-Forces offers comprehensive mentoring, training and support which Service Leavers will find invaluable as they move into the commercial world.”

The X-Forces leadership team brings together an impressive blend of military and commercial experience. The company already has a number of personnel going through their Programme, including Service Leavers from the Army, and two veterans from the Wounded, Injured and Sick community. Corporal Tom Cornwell, who has recently started said: ‘X-Forces promises not only to help me gain the confidence to set up my own business, but they will also provide the additional training and mentoring which should help me make the right business choices. I know I will benefit from their on-going support and business connections, but I also think it’s wonderful that this service is available to anyone, of any rank, leaving the Services.’

A number of spouses are expected to start shortly and a major marketing campaign will kick off at the end of July with the Career Transition Partnership’s online Career’s Fairs. The Career Transition Partnership is organising the two online fairs on 30 July and 6 August and X-Forces will be playing a prominent role as an Event Sponsor. Full details of how to register can be found on the Career Transition Partnership website.
Martin Wing, Chairman of X-Forces Ltd, emphasised the company’s strong commitment to sustained support for all XFs going through the business start-up process. “The key measure of our own success will be the success of the businesses which our XF applicants achieve for themselves whilst helping to grow the UK economy” he said. “Each applicant will be getting an exceptionally good deal in terms of the support package that we will provide to them. Working alongside the Career Transition Partnership, we will help more Service Leavers go into roles of their own choice, where they can use their highly prized skills and values to the best effect”.

Ren Kapur continued: “I feel passionately that our Service Leavers and veterans deserve the highest levels of support in finding rewarding employment when they leave the armed forces. For some this will be employment. For many others, we want to offer them a really positive opportunity to start up a new business in an area which interests them and where they can bring their exceptional experience of team-working and leadership, coupled with the can-do military ethos, to create successful businesses, generating new jobs and helping to grow the economy.”
This is an exciting time for all of us and X-Forces will be working hard to ensure that as many new businesses as possible are successful.”

For further details, including how to apply, please visit the X-Forces Ltd website at: www.x-forces.com or call 44 +(0)1189-121274 to speak to the X-Forces team.

Service Leavers, veterans and reservists can also seek advice on the services provided by X-Forces Ltd from their resettlement advisor or through any of the established resettlement support organisations.
Service spouses and cadets should apply directly to X-Forces or through the Service Families Federations.

• ENDS -

For further information, please contact:
Bob Mansergh OBE
Partnerships Director
X-Forces Ltd TM
Tel: 01189121274
Mob: 07983412584
E-mail: [email protected]

Susan Morton
PR Director on behalf of X-Forces Ltd.
Mob: 07810648035
E-mail: [email protected]