New Commodore Announced

All

Maybe the new Commodore, announced today will be able to shed some light on the future of the R's in the Officers Curl - Captain Stephen Thorne starts work on 25th January - something for his inbox??

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
Agreed but at least he can get stuck in and introduce a more communications-friendly RNR senior management so that things like the demise date (or even confirmation that is to demise) is passed round a little better in future.

Rum Ration is great but it shouldn't constitute the cornerstone of RNR policy communication.

DP i agree, we need a better, quicker, accurate Communication policy, i am confident that the new CMR will hoist this on board, its one of my main topics when i get asked at CMR HQ

Jim30

Lantern Swinger
How about getting CMR to post here - a form of 2SL's buzz buster as a sticky. We post a question (UNCLAS), then Madter Cheif or some other qualified person provides the Party line. That way we know its a gen dit, and the word is spread quickly.

froggit

Lantern Swinger
Who?
When I here there are people waiting for promotion back pay for 6+ months, Pepole waiting 2 years for medals, the promotion goal posts moving, The Naval reserve (boat people) not being used to help our own in times of strife, I say again..
WHO?

WarMonger

War Hero
froggit said:
Who?
When I here there are people waiting for promotion back pay for 6+ months, Pepole waiting 2 years for medals, the promotion goal posts moving, The Naval reserve (boat people) not being used to help our own in times of strife, I say again..
WHO?

I'm amazed Froggit that you managed to stay so forthwright and calm about these things bearing in mind that usually you are a little more forceful shall we say..(having sat through one of your lectures)....!!

Would I be overstating it if I said the whole things a bit of a feckin SHAMBLES at the moment...I was trying to think back as to when it wasnt but Im having trouble and Ive been in 15 years....anyone help me out!!!!!

It does say something for our bad communication that we don't know what he has done. My understanding is that getting the Rs removed was finally FOSNNI's doing.