New Commodore Announced

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Jim30, Dec 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen the Elliot will finally stand down, TBRB Capt Thorne.

The signal pointed out that RNR, RMR and RFR were in the running. Is that a sign of how desperate we are to get quality leaders when we need to consider retired ex regulars or is this a sign of inclusivity?

Change to occur in Jan - any bets for new regime? My thoughts are announcement on the R (please!) and maybe some minor changes. Otherwise it will be business as usual, with no sign of leadership, direction or management coming down from on high.

2. Which Capt Thorne - I believe there are two?

3. Text of announcement from Cdre Reynold:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Following a promotion and selection board that featured stiff competition not only from within the RNR and RMR but also, for the first time, the RFR, I am pleased to tell you that Capt Stephen Thorne RD* ADC RNR has been selected as my successor. The First Sea Lord has endorsed this selection and promotion.

Commodore Thorne will take over on 25 Jan 07 following a ceremony to be held in HMS Victory at 0900.

I am sure you will join me in offering Capt Thorne our congratulations, best wishes and assuring him of our continued support as he takes the Maritime Reserves Command into the future.

ER

N J E REYNOLDS RD* ADC RNR

Cdre

4. Jim30. The RFR came under the command of CMR when CMR stood up on 25th Jan this year. Also sponsored reserve. Although they are not included in the figures for the Maritime reserve (Look at the thread started by OMOBs in the Naval Review on line). Your appointer is a Capt RFR. The Cadet Forces (SCC/CCF) do not come under CMR.

5. Yet another drip from an RNR. Can't we take a leaf out of the regular service's post and put something interesting and constructive in here in place of the usual (and usually unsubstantiated) doom and gloom drips.

6. "Yet another drip from an RNR. Can't we take a leaf out of the regular service's post and put something interesting and constructive in here in place of the usual (and usually unsubstantiated) doom and gloom drips"

And what would you suggest Grumbly - why post some good news or instead just shut up?

7. Bu##er

I thought that i would get the promotion this time

Still just a Capt :p