New Chinese Carrier

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stan_the_man, Aug 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where's the takeaway bit on it?
  2. Skippers name is Who Flung Dung
  3. It's going to be called the 大规模的.
  4. 1.jpg

Nah, that ones called the 大规模的
  5. Nah, that's the 巨大的, sister ship of the 巨大 .
  6. :-DThat is going to need serious replenishment vessels and thousands of crew and back up staff to keep it at sea. Too big, too many blind spots and going to take about thirty miles to stop. Wonder if they'll have a stealth version?:slow:
  7. Do you reckon they will have Chinese Laundry Men onboard??
  8. There's fcuking millions of 'em. !
  9. Dewop duwoobie du wow
  10. 'Rock on'... Stan ! :headbang:
  11. Surely it will have a Blitish Laundwy onboard?????
  12. Fuckin size of'll sink
  13. [​IMG]

With my ship-spotting anorak on, this is a sister ship of the Admiral Kuznetsov. Nothing really special about that but the Chinese bought it as an unfitted hull and said they were going to use it as a tourist attraction. They are pretty determined buggers and managed to get in mostly overland to Dalian, where she sits in the harbour and is always surrounded by cranes and workers. Funnily enough, it's not possible to get into the dockyard and have a tourist walkabout. Maybe it's just that they don't like me, what with my crazy round eyes and 'all, but I have the sneaking suspicion that this isn't going to be a Disney ride after all. Heaven forbid that China isn't telling the truth.

I'm writing this from Hong Kong, so will have a few minutes before the secret police arrive and arrest me for political insubordination but, by the time you read this they'll be here, so please send an urgent clicky bed Red Cross parcel to the Shanghai Prison For WAFUs.
  14. I don't know what I'm most impressed with:-

1. The pre-deployed oil-spillage boom around the vessel.

2. The lack of bamboo scaffolding.

3. That they are going to equip it with the J-15, which is a big heavy beast if you have no cats and traps.

15. They've got a hundred years of carrier ops to catch up on, They are a very determined and ingenious bunch the chinese but, is going to be a long and hard path before they have a credible carrier group.
  16. That's right, fuckin rub it in. .;-P . :brushteeth: