New Carriers for Australian Navy

Who`s banned from the chat room?
MSN-Emoticon-cigar-018.gif
Its you that passes comments on here that you know nothing about, are you a recruiter?

Not_a_boffin

War Hero
That's what you get when you buy an off-the-shelf(ish) design from a half-competent shipyard. BTW one reason it has a ski-jump is because it's Spanish parent does for their Harrier II+ and leaving it on opens the (remote) possibility of the RAN getting their f/w back. The alternative was the French LHD which was very quickly and competently designed and built with both now in service. Ugly as sin though......

BAES have been looking at an equivalent for the RN to replace Ocean and the LPDs, sometime in the 20's. Because the Wokka is seen as the cab of choice and because the DEC are trying to cram vehicle capacity in, that ship design is currently around 40000 te full load.

Ho-hum.....

Not_a_boffin said:
That's what you get when you buy an off-the-shelf(ish) design from a half-competent shipyard. BTW one reason it has a ski-jump is because it's Spanish parent does for their Harrier II+ and leaving it on opens the (remote) possibility of the RAN getting their f/w back. The alternative was the French LHD which was very quickly and competently designed and built with both now in service. Ugly as sin though......

BAES have been looking at an equivalent for the RN to replace Ocean and the LPDs, sometime in the 20's. Because the Wokka is seen as the cab of choice and because the DEC are trying to cram vehicle capacity in, that ship design is currently around 40000 te full load.

Ho-hum.....

If you put all of the DECs end to end would you reach a conclusion.

Not_a_boffin

War Hero
No mate, you'd have to change the scenarios and start again, cos clearly any situation where all the DECs are in the same theatre is outside the defence planning assumptions.......

ukdaytona

War Hero
Lamri said:
Exactly mate, i'm thinking of my kids!
Kids that i'm too scared to let out on their own to play like I did, not just because of sicko perverts, but because of other, older kids that are bored, because of idiots driving when they can't even spell "car".
Also because of Education and prospects, and sporting facilities, and LOTS of other reasons :)
But mainly to give my kids the chances that I think they deserve and will not get here.

(Oh, that and AussiePint lives over here ;) )
That was a bloody JOKE by the way ya miserable heffer :D

Lamri, AP maybe in the UK but she probably still has family back home in Aus who will hunt you down like an injured Roo, kill, stuff n BBQ ya.....

So these are going to LPH, with a ski-jump despite the fact that having a ski-jump will reduce the amount of flight deck space? (And on the Spanish design, why do they cut another section off of the back of it?)

Why not chuck a few JSF on there, be a massive leap for the Aussies wouldn't it?

Seemingly an Island nation taking Naval Defence seriously.... a lesson a very close to home Island nationwould be wise to follow?

Potential_Officer said:
So these are going to LPH, with a ski-jump despite the fact that having a ski-jump will reduce the amount of flight deck space? (And on the Spanish design, why do they cut another section off of the back of it?)

Why not chuck a few JSF on there, be a massive leap for the Aussies wouldn't it?

Seemingly an Island nation taking Naval Defence seriously.... a lesson a very close to home Island nationwould be wise to follow?

Do you still have to give the Ausies 10 years notice of having a war with them?

Potential_Officer said:
Maxi_77 said:
Do you still have to give the Ausies 10 years notice of having a war with them?

Shouldn't the question be, do you now have to give us 10 years notice of having a war?

We were discussing the Ausies, though in our case is 10 years long enough.