New Captain General RM

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by R12_CV, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now this might only be a rumour but...

Chatting to some v keen green supporters at the w/e and the word is that Prince Philip, preparing for when he crosses the bar, has identified his replacement as Captain General of the Royals.

And who better, than the one and only Prince Edward :lol:
    Better/worse still, as an Honorary Commando he'll be wearing the Green Beret..!!

Thoughts?
    Particularly from anyone who joined the RM around 87.

*slams barracks door shut and runs off!! :twisted: *

2. Bite detector off
    Let the serial failure stick to being Commodore of the RFA. :evil:
    Personally I'd look on it as an insult to have that horses arse wear any Royal rig again, let alone a Green Lid, honorary or not.
    I'd have thought the rotund Andrew would have been a better choice than that beefer, at least he passed the AACC.
    Think that the RMA bars will be a hotbed of 'vigorous' discussion if it comes to pass. :wink:
    Bite detector on.

3. Princess Ann would be a better choice she can always tell them to Naff Off if they piss her off and she is more macho than that prat.

4. Phil could always skip a generation and pass his Baton onto Wills or Harry, I'm sure they'd love the chance to have a few more rigs in their wardrobes.
    Their Valets would probably throw a tantrum though. :lol:

5. I think it is the Corp it self that invites some one to be Captain General as they did Mountbatten and Prince Phillip after him. I do not think they would invite Edward any way.

6. Fat boy Andrew passed the AACC? Are you sure it wasn't one of his bodyguards....

7. Which on the face of it aint a bad thing. But, will it be the lads that get the opportunity to 'vote'? Or will it be some brassed-up, bling-hunting namemaker who invites the meat muncher...?

8. I've heard scurrilous rumours that his times on some of the Commando tests were 'massaged' a bit. 8O :wink:

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Funnily enough I heard those rumours as well, he took part in them I suppose. :wink:

Do we need a Captain General? I'm sure the Corps could bimble on for a while without one. Could I suggest an X factor compitition to find a new one, competitors would have a variety of challanges, best grand slam, best frock, the use of the word "Hoofing" in a sentance the most times etc.

While I'm on this chain of thought we could have a X factor compitition for the new Miss Globe and Buster, the compitition catagories could be fun. :twisted:

10. Better still, Eddy could organise it in the style of 'Its a Knock-out' comp.

Who better to put the competition together than the Master of Ceremonies himself??

:D :D :D

13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I put a request (tongue in cheek) in to the CSM for long weekenders to consider my future in the Corps when Edward wrapped and went home to mummy for the weekend. Told me to get fcuked. :cry:

14. Surprised if he called it quits for no reason, he was already lined up to attend the Army Pilots course and would then have joined 3 BAS on completion.

15. To-R12CV We can but hope it's a rumour. If I could choose the most unfit person on the planet to wear the green beret it would be this wally. :lol: :lol:

16. To pompeymick, What a diplomatic chap you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

dhoby-bucket, I could'nt agree more, the fat sod would probably trip over one of his chins, theres no way in the world the fat one could go through that and pass, his ginger of an ex wife would have more chance. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To NZ- BOOTNECK Trust me the rumours are not scurrilous but true. My son was on the same course as the fat one and he told me ( in accordance with rm confidentiality) that he was not the best candidate. :wink: :wink:

wet blobby, Iwould have told you the same thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Mod cap on

One post deleted, several others belong to Yangzte Sailor consolidated. Yangzte Sailor is getting a bit carried away, perhaps trying to get his post count up and he's now an expert on Prince Harry's soldiering qualities as most matelots of 1950s vintage are. Notwithstanding that there is a policy across RR and ARRSE about refraining from gossiping and getting digs in at the serving princes.

Poster cap.
    Unusual to hear Bootnecks speak out for Prince Edward. Lots of RM recruits and AA candidates jack. Why should he get more shit than anyone else especially from those who are not Commando Qualified themselves?

18. My issue with Edward jacking, rather than say Joe Bloggs jacking, is that he comes from a Family who are in a way 'obliged' to serve the nation in some form, due to the amount of sovs they recieve from the Nation. Noblesse oblige and all that.
    Organising TV shows, attending the odd service/hospital opening and services to the theatre just don't cut it for me. :roll:
    If he was coping why not carry on, Pass out, serve a tour in NI, in some clandestine or HQ role for the look of things then quietly resign his commission.
    A year or two of his life at most, obviously couldn't muster the enthusiasm for it.
    I think the Corps did as well as it could in the circumstances, the only one who came out of it looking less than Regal was Lloyd Webbers tea boy.

19. Its rained since then; but, as far as I remember, didn't he complete the green beret part of his training satisfactorily before resigning? (and that, at least, is no mean achievement)

20. Go back a few years before his recruit course, and you'll find he was actually sponsored through university by the RN. No doubt for a 'return of time'.

So he gets the free education then conveniently finds the RM training too tough...

If I were a cynic, that's the sort of though I might have :roll:

**Hang on - isn't there a thread currently ongoing about these sort of people??**